The Slave's Journal

Honey

I watched from the Crows Nest, on the lookout for Captain.

"Is he here yet?!?" Called up Gadget.

"Not yet!" I shouted down.

Then I spotted people running towards our ship.

Captain and the rest of the crew was running towards the ship.

"HE'S HERE! GET READY TO GO!" I shouted, jumping out of the nest and sliding down on a rope.

They ran up the ramp and Omega immediately pulled it in and Silver ran to the top deck, and Gadget turned on the mechanism to pull up the anchor.

"Let's get the hell out of here!" Barked Captain, as we all raced to our places.

The Siren, Sonic's tail was finishing drying up and he wobbled getting back on his feet.

"Captain! What happened?" He asked, shakily walking up to the Captain.

"Those bastards put up a good fight, and we need to get out of here before they catch up or Infinite does. He saw us fighting them and we had to run." Growled Captain.

"Hmph, you should have stayed and fought them both." Sonic huffed.

"You expect too much of me, your highness." Captain groaned.

I chuckled, and leaned over to Midnight.

"Captain and the siren are an awfully funny duo." I whispered.

"You got that right." She chuckled.

~

Sonic

Now we were back to sailing out of the dock and I was in Rouge's cabin, sitting on her bed.

She was searching through her drawers for an extra pair of pants for me.

"Y'know, Sonic, I'm curious, what's your kind like? I only ever heard the stories of Sirens bein' cold-blooded killers, so I'm a bit curious..." Rouge said, catching my attention as I looked out on the sea from her window.

"Hm, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to tell you." I sighed.
"Not all sirens are the killers that mobian society often labels us as. We've just had bad representatives. Sirens live in the ocean in colonies we like to call clans or kingdoms. We have our rulers and royalty, but some sirens aren't loyal to clans and just float around in the ocean, or live on land. Some sirens join pirate crews and some live in small colonies in caves and moon pools, most often it's the small colonies who attack sailors and ships. My clan was a large one, however, and we were more neutral, and our guard only attacked mobians if they posed any threat to us. However, now...my kingdom is broken and I am the lone prince to survive it."
I felt sorrow as I remembered what happened when Mephiles's pirates attacked our kingdom.

"But there is one rule amongst sirens that we all have to follow or else, you are scorned and forever hated by other sirens, truly a monster to our kind." I said.

"What is it?" Asked Rouge, pulling a pair of greyish brown pants of our her drawers.

"Never, and I mean ever, turn on your own kind. Unlike you mobians, Sirens don't attack other sirens unless challenged to a fair and set duel. Sirens who attack other sirens of their own accord and with no reasonable and sane purpose are shunned from every and any siren society." I said, intensely staring into her eyes.

"Woah, being a siren sounds crazy." She said with a nervous smile.

"Well, it was normal for me. I never had to worry about luring ships and sailors to their deaths nor did I ever have to worry about even using my voice on a mobian, until Mephiles attacked us. And being a prince from another kingdom makes it extremely hard to move into another. But, also, along with clans there are different species of siren." I said, jumping off the topic of being alone for a year and a half after the clan was attacked.