The Chaotic Supply Run

Sonic

I held tightly onto Shadow's jacket sleeve as we walked through a market.

What that bear had said over the siren hunter had me on edge.
Siren Hunters were smart mobians who were trained to practically sniff out, capture, and eliminate sirens. My aunt, Willa, had been killed by some when she was out on ocean. I was just a kid but the news that they had killed her scared me badly.

We were headed towards a gunpowder and firearms shop, and Shadow had an arm around my shoulder, to help me remember I was protected.

It helped only a little.

We walked up to it and Shadow reached for the door.
But just as he reached for door it swung open as a tall mobian bird with a big bushy mustache.

"Ah! Apologies Sir!" He chuckled as Shadow, Me and Cream stepped back to let him pass.

"It's no problem." Shadow said, calmly.

He walked past us but I noticed his eyes linger on me, and something in that stare...was cold.

I smiled nervously and followed Shadow inside, Cream holding his hand.

"Shadow! Shadow, I think that was him!" I whispered.

Shadow glanced behind him and nodded.
"Don't worry, it's only one man, if that is him we can take him, alright?" He said.

I nodded slowly.
We walked up to the counter and Shadow asked how many explosives and how much gunpowder they had.
I wasn't as interested however, I was just praying that we didn't run into the siren hunter again.

~

Gadget

I walked down the cobblestone path, listening to every noise as I walked down the abandoned street.

Then I felt two arms around my waist and yank me into an alley.
I yelped and grabbed his arm.

"Infinite! Don't scare me like that!" I hissed.

"Sorry, m'lady, didn't mean to scare ya." He chuckled, resting his snout on my shoulder.

"Mm-hm, sureee." I said, sarcastically.

"Hey now, where's my favorite cheerful engineer? Turn that frown upside down!" He chuckled.

Then I felt him tickle my sides.

"No PFT HAHAHA! WAIT! WAIT! HAHAHA Finn I can't breathe!" I laughed.

He laughed and let go, stepping back from me.

If you're wondering what's going on, then I'll elaborate.
I had been having a secret affair with Infinite.

Yes, the Captain that worked for Mephiles and was possibly a threat to my Captain.
We knew each other before he worked for Mephiles, and we had slightly been in love when we were younger.
But after he was made to work for Captain Mephiles, we were separated. Then I met Captain Shadow and he gave me the job of the ship engineer.

And when we were doing a plunder, I met back up with him. We talked slightly away from the crowd and eventually we kept meeting in secret, and I would send him letters by bird.

He eventually confessed his love and now we had a secret relationship we hid from our Captains.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and our eyes met and he smiled softly.
"I missed ye a lot, ya know that?" He chuckled.

I snorted and smiled.
"I missed you too."

We kissed softly and then we sat down on some crates, holding each other in our arms.