The Shattered Gift

TW! Blood, death
Third Person

The group ran out of the cave, Shadow in the front.

They got outside and saw the Pearl. It was anchored near the shore still but the cannon side had been turned towards another ship that flew Mephiles's flag.

"Shit! Everyone get on board!" Shadow barked.

They all climbed up the rope ladder and found the Pearl's crew fighting the enemy crew.

They could see the enemy ship's name now, the Silk-weaver maiden.

"Captain!" Said Midnight.
She stabbed another pirate and ran over to him.

"They just showed up out of nowhere and attacked! We tried holding them off, but we didn't know what to do without you here!" The Panther yelped.

"Fuck. Fight back as hard as you can! Get these bastards off the ship and make sure we can get out of here! Silver! Get to top deck! Kit! Go find Honey and raise the sails!"

"Aye Captain!" They all said. They ran off and the rest of the crew joined the fight all over the ship.

Shadow

I hadn't seen the captains yet, so I was hoping we didn't have too much trouble.

I slashed a few pirates and blasted a couple down.

It seemed like a hard long fight but it had only been 10 minutes.

I backed up close to Gadget, as she shot one of them in the head.

"Gadget! Go find Tails and get the chaos energy engine started, we have to-"

"Won't you need something important for that Captain?"

I quickly turned and saw the bitch of a Captain who was in control of the maiden.
Wave Selena.
She was a tall slender swallow who would be extremely attractive if I didn't hate her so much...or if I wasn't gay.

"Captain Wave...come back to try and seduce me again?" I growled. "I ain't interested."

Wave a couple years back, had fancied me. She would constantly attack my ship to flirt with me, or follow our travels on her own ship to try and seduce me in a bar. I was never interested though, the woman disgusted me. Eventually she stopped trying so much, but whenever she would attack us, flirting was always expected. I had told her I was not into her or any woman for that matter but she wouldn't listen, saying she could 'Change me'.

"Oh, I wish, however you are most stubborn, Captain~" she purred.

"But that's besides the point, I think you'll need a certain something if you want to get out of here." She giggled.

Then she tossed an unconscious Tails onto the deck, and I looked down at him in shock. Then back up her and my heart stopped.

She held the chaos emerald in her other hand...

It was a green glowing emerald, shining and beautiful. It was the last gift I had ever received from Maria.

"You put that down!" I snarled.

"Oooh, touched a nerve have I?" She giggled. "Say what, I'll give it back if you come with me and agree to be my lover, how does that sound?"

I growled, my eyes narrowing with a hard intensity.

"Never." I spat.

"Then I guess you wouldn't mind if I just- Oop!"

She dropped the emerald and I felt my heart stop.