The Second Captain

Sonic

Well, this was certainly a twist of events.

The infamous Pirate Queen, Amy Rose, or better known as 'The Black Rose' was now in our crew.
Well, kinda.

She and Shadow made a deal, that she could be on his ship and keep her title as a Captain but she had no full control over his crew. Her first mate, Blaze, was a funny one.

I had never actually met any pirate sirens before that actually wanted to be part of the crew. She was a full pure blood, and a fire siren. Those were rare, it was said they could bend fire and produce it from their hands.

Now we had two Captains.

"Captain Amy, so you're saying that Mephiles stole something from you and Blaze a while back and you want to get it back from him?" Asked Shadow.

"Aye. He stole my rose compass a couple years ago, and before my crew was arrested we were going to get it back. However the attack from the fleet screwed us over so now I need a ship and little help." Said Amy.

"What does this Rose Compass, do?" Asked Shadow.

"It's drawn to precious things, Captain." She said. "How do you think I got so rich? Mephiles, the bastard, has now been using it to find missing treasures. I used to find my treasures and anything of value. But he took it and I want it back. Plus, he kidnapped my sister, Joy. She ain't cut out for slave work, so I've been trying to find the cove and get my compass and Joy back."

"I thought all your family shunned you?" Asked Rouge.

"Heh, that's the wrong part of my legend. Joy was completely fine with me getting married to pirates. She was always the supportive sister, however she's wheelchair inclined. She's got an illness that makes it painful for her to walk. That bastard probably is torturing her cause she can't walk..." Growled Amy.

"Then I suppose your cause is just as great as ours, Captain. We're planning to blow up the cove once we get everyone out." Said Shadow.

"Sounds like a hell load of fun. So, let's shake on this alliance." Said Amy.

Shadow held out his hand and she shook it.

Gadget came into the cabin with Tails.

"Captain! Patch is fixed! We can start back on sailing!" Said Gadget.

"Great, hoist the sails! We're on our way!" Barked Shadow as he left.

Then it was just me and Amy and Rouge in the cabin.

"Y'know, Siren royalty don't often work with pirates. Fancy the Captain, do ya?" Asked Amy turning to me.

I felt myself go red in the face.

"No! I don't fancy that bastard! He's just helping me, that's all!"

"I dunno, you're getting awfully close to him as of late!" Chuckled Rouge.

"Neptune's trident, not you too, Rouge." I groaned.

"I'm serious! Besides, it would work, the Captain does swing the other way!" Rouge laughed.

"Captain Shadow...is gay?" I asked, arching an eyebrow.

At first I had suspected the pirate to be straight...this was certainly a discovery.

I mean...I supposed I didn't care who I feel in love with. I was interested in both men and women but I never really met anyone I liked. Most of the nobles and ladies in my clan who attempted to court me were loads boring or too uptight for my liking.

"Yup. Captain actually fancied this one sailor a while back. But apparently he was one of Mephiles spies so Shadow gave up on him." Said Rouge.

I nodded, thinking about all this information.

Even if the Captain was gay, I didn't have any affections for him. We were simply working together, maybe slightly friends but nothing more.

"So, was that part of the story, you and Blaze having an affair? Was that real?" Asked Rouge.

"Aye. It was. After I escaped Jail, we ran off to the sapphire costal islands. Eventually we got married, and then we planned to find the compass and Joy. After I heard of your Captain and Prince Sonic over there, on the hunt for Mephiles I knew I had to offer an alliance. I'll be glad once I get some of my crew back. I may have not mentioned it but two of my crew are actually still alive. They run their own small ship and they were, ones who didn't get hung. They were a trustworthy pair, and weren't just loyal dogs like the rest of em. Bunnie and Metal, they should be out on the sea somewhere." Said Amy.

"Alright Captain. Are you gonna inform Captain of that?" Asked Rouge.

"Nah, we'll worry about them later. I have a good feeling we'll run into them." Said Amy. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I may be a Captain but I'm also a decent healer so I'm going to introduce myself to your medic."

She left and I stood up.

"I suppose I shall go to the top deck and watch Silver steer." I said.

"Alright. I'm gonna talk to captain about our plans." Said Rouge.

We left and I walked up to the top deck where Silver stood, steering. Cream sat on a stool next to him, staring at her map and glancing at the compass around her neck every now and then.

I sat down next to her and watched Silver.

"Cream...what does your brother think of love?" I asked.

She looked up then closed her eyes in thought.

"Shadow never really confides in me much but he did with Mama when she was on the ship." Said Cream.
"He never really thinks much of it but when he met that one sailor he thought it was amazing. But then after he found out that he worked for Mephiles he felt so heartbroken. He told my mama he never wanted to fall in love again...I think he feels sort of lonely now..."

"Hm." I said.

Why did I think about this so much? Why was it bothering me?
I didn't love the Captain. He was a pirate, a reckless mobian who had hardly any class. He wasn't of any high standard and had hardly any riches. While I was a siren prince. My species was of high excellence, and I was of a high class. I was expected to have high standards and the best actions and manners. Of course, I wasn't going to become the king, I knew that, but I was still expected to marry into a noble class.
And even if the Captain was kind and sympathetic...and...attractive...and...excellent at commanding and leading....

Oh Neptune's trident...

I think I am in love with the Captain.

————————————————

Ah yes, my favorite endings to these kinds of chapters