|| 17 ||

I hummed, sipping a glass of rosé, at the bar behind which Rudy was standing, shaking up drinks

"Do you do this all the time?" I questioned him with an amused smile.

"Like ninety nine point nine percent of the time," he shrugged with a mischievous smile. "I can make you a really good Moscow mule if you want."

"Erm, this is good," I raised my half filled glass of rosé.

"Suit yourself," he shrugged before grabbing two glasses. "I'll just go and take these to my brothers," he grinned and left, leaving me alone at the bar.

I watched with a smile as couples giggled in corners—— old and young—— while small groups of friends huddled about.

"Ma'am?" I turned around to see Khannaji standing with a small black box in his hands. "Was this the box you asked for?"

I looked at it, and took it in my hands before opening it slightly. As soon as my eyes settled on the ornately designed red rose, I snapped it shut and nodded.

"Thanks Khannaji," I smiled.

Smiling, he bowed his head and walked away.

"Annika!" Zaina Al-Rashid walked up to me, a glass of margarita in her hand. "There you are!"

"Miss Al-Rashid," I smiled.

I still couldn't believe that she'd complimented my designs!

Scratch that.

I couldn't believe I was wearing a dress from a Zuzu Zaina collection that was set to launch in six months!

"Zaina, please," she smiled. "Miss Al-Rashid makes me sound far too old, and I'm merely thirty."

"Alright then, Zaina," I chuckled. "Thank you, by the way." As she smiled with a confused frown, I clarified, "This gown. It truly is an honour getting to wear one from your collection."

"Oh you're quite welcome," she shrugged. "I'm just surprised Shivaay didn't critique my designs like every other time!" She rolled her eyes, with an amused smirk.

I blinked.

Hold up!

"Y-you designed this?" I cleared my throat, staring at her, eyes wide and mouth gaping.

"Hmm? Oh yes," she chuckled. "Your boyfriend always has something or the other to say about my designs, but he stayed quiet while picking this one. Said it was the best of the best." She shrugged. "I mean, it is designed by yours truly."

I squealed, before clamping a hand over my mouth as Zaina startled while some people nearby swivelled around to look at me like I was an alien.

"I'm sorry," I apologised hastily, tucking my strands behind my ear. "I mean——" I took in a deep breath, "I can't believe I'm wearing a dress designed by THE Zaina Al-Rashid herself. It's one thing to wear a dress from your collection, but an entirely different one to wear something designed by you!"