|| 30 ||

As the car parked in the driveway of the Sharmas' bungalow, my eyebrows furrowed, noticing the familiar car parked to a side

"Annika," I turned to face Miss Mehra, who looked at me quizzically. "Is that not your car?" I pointed to the white BMW and her eyes widened.

A split second later, she'd all but clambered over Neha to step outside, staring at her car like it was a ghost.

"Neha," Miss Mehra called out. "Shivaay and I aren't hallucinating, are we?"

My eyes narrowed.

Had she just called me someone incapable of thinking straight?

"Nope," Neha replied. "And I'm pretty sure I see Gauri from here," she squinted her eyes, and I realised, from where we stood, it was easy to look inside the living room of the Sharmas' home.

"She didn't tell me she was coming over," Miss Mehra frowned.

"I wasn't aware your cousin was joining us too, Oberoi," Maheshwari Jr.'s dry tone, made me turn around to glare at him.

"Pardon?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

A corner of his lips twitched upwards into a smirk, and he jerked his chin towards the house.

"Well, I know I'm taller than you," Maheshwari Jr. grinned, as Ritwik's eyes widened. Neha and Miss Mehra snorted, before pressing their respective fists to their mouths. "But I never thought you were this short to not see Omkara Singh Oberoi, from here."

"Excuse me, for not being built like half a bear and half a giraffe," I replied in a mocking tone.

Neha burst out laughing, as Ritwik gasped. Miss Mehra merely pursed her lips to stop herself from laughing.

Maheshwari Jr.'s eyes narrowed, and as he opened his mouth to retort, we heard the familiar voice of Radha Maasi, from the front porch.

"Baccho, andar aao," Maasi called out.

"Let's go," Neha steered Maheshwari Jr. towards the bungalow, followed by Ritwik.

Miss Mehra wrapped her index finger and thumb around my elbow, before pulling me along. I arched an eyebrow at her, before glancing at her hand on my arm. She shrugged, merely grinning at me.

As we entered the living room, my eyes zeroed in on my brother who grinned at me.

What exactly are you up to, Mr. Omkara Singh Oberoi?

"Neha Didi!" Gauri bounced up to Neha, wrapping her in a tight hug. "I missed you!" She singsonged.

"Aww!" Neha wrapped her arms around Gauri, swaying the two from one side to the other. "I missed you too, Chutki!" She pressed Gauri's cheeks together, between her palms.