|| 39 ||

Pride was a flaw of mine

Admitting to the fact that I'd been wrong, was something I'd always struggled with.

No matter if the matter was about whether or not dancing in the rain would lead me to catch a cold; or about not being allowed in the kitchen because I was far too clumsy to not come away unscathed from my cooking mishaps—— admitting that I was in the wrong, was something I'd never admit.

And as such, standing in the cold in the sprawling gardens behind Oberoi Mansion, I was freezing to death.

The kites lay on the ground, long forgotten as Pinky Aunty and Neha celebrated beating everyone. While Tej Uncle, Priyanka and Rudy grumbled, everyone else congratulated my best friend and Pinky Aunty for their marvellous win.

Gauri did so too—— albeit hers was a little miffed.

My little sister had always been competitive, growing up.

"Are you alright?" I startled, halting midway from rubbing my hands up and down my arms, as I turned to face a frowning Shivaay, who looked at me in concern. "You're cold," he stated as a mere observation.

"N-no," I shuddered, lying through my gritted teeth. Forcing a smile onto my face, I shook my head, "T-truly. I'm perfectly fine. Not cold at all," I chuckled shakily.

He arched an eyebrow. "Would it hurt you to admit that you're wrong?"

"Not physically," I mumbled.

"Huh?" He frowned.

"Nothing," I grit out.

It wouldn't hurt me physically, but would it hurt my ego?

One hundred thousand percent!

"Ah," we both turned to see my best friend grinning at me cheekily. "I was right," she hooted triumphantly. "You're cold."

"Shut up," I glared at her. "And n-no, I'm not," I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from whimpering as a cold breeze enveloped me in its chilling embrace.

"Uh huh," she snorted in disbelief, shaking her head. "Dikh raha hain mujhe."

"That's a surprise," I retorted drily. "Given the fact that you can't see a metre without your glasses."

Neha's eyes narrowed. "I've got my contact lenses."

"Where? Stuffed them in your pockets?" I countered.