|| 29 ||

"I never knew tending to a burn," Neha stressed the word, as soon as Mr

"I never knew tending to a burn," Neha stressed the word, as soon as Mr. Oberoi and I walked into the premises. "could take this long." The huge grin on her face and the mischievous look in her eyes, made me roll mine and smack the back of her head lightly, as I took a seat beside her.

"Shivaayji," Shreeja smiled sweetly at Mr. Oberoi, who stiffened. "There's a free seat for you," she pointed to the only available seat on her right.

"Nonsense," Neha piped up, as she stood up. "Sit beside your girlfriend." She inclined her head towards the empty seat beside mine. "Just because she's upset with you for nearly spilling the tea on your thousand dollars trousers, doesn't mean you need to suffer, lover boy," Neha grinned, pushing Mr. Oberoi to the free seat, before taking the one beside Shreeja, and smiling sweetly at the woman.

Mr. Oberoi inclined his head, to which Neha gave him a thumbs up, before she looked at Ritwik.

"At least someone's considerate," Mr. Oberoi leaned in close, to whisper in my ear. I narrowed my eyes, before forcing a smile onto my face.

"Perhaps you should have thought of that, before nearly ruining your trousers costing a thousand dollars," I parroted Neha's words to him, in a mocking tone.

A corner of his lips twitched upwards, as I pursed my own, to stop myself from smiling.

"Aditi, serve our guests," Mrs. Thapar frowned at her daughter, who stood to a corner.

The timid woman hurried forward, grabbing a bowl of pulao, before turning to Ritwik. "Would you like some?" She asked, softly.

"Thank you," Ritwik's eyes twinkled as he looked at her, and I glanced meaningfully at Neha who winked at me.

"Beta, why don't you take a seat as well?" Radha Maasi smiled kindly, at Aditi.

Aditi opened her mouth to reply, only to be cut off by Mrs. Thapar. "Oh, she'll have it later. She isn't hungry, anyways. Are you, dear?"

"Erm, no," Aditi shook her head, smiling hastily.

"I'll wait for you then," Ritwik was about to stand up, but Mrs. Thapar kept a hand on his shoulder and pushed him down.

"Nonsense, beta," Mrs. Thapar chuckled. "Shreeja, have you talked to Atharv?" The woman turned to her daughter-in-law, who nodded.

"Ji, Mmmyji," Shreeja smiled at her mother-in-law. "Atharvji reached Rajasthan. He called me a few minutes ago."

"Fantastic," Mrs. Thapar nodded. "Everyone," she looked at all of us, with a smile. "Please, do eat."

We glanced at Radha Maasi who blinked, before placing a spoonful of pulao and paneer in her mouth. Glancing at Neha, I shrugged.