|| 49 ||

"ANNI!" I nearly jumped out of my skin as a loud voice screamed as soon as I'd stepped through the doors which led to the terrace of the lakeside resort

"Hey, Dorian!" Forcing a smile onto my face, I handed him the bag of wine I'd bought on the way.

"No boyfriend?" He asked, as he greeted me with an air kiss.

"Oh, uhhh——" I tried to tamp down the embarrassment when the presence of the figure behind me, shut me up. The familiar scent of cedar and sandalwood enveloped me.

"Pardon me," Shivaay's tone was nonchalant and smooth. "I had an urgent overseas meeting I had to attend." He slipped an arm around me, placing a kiss above my ear. "Sorry I'm late, sweetheart."

I stilled.

What the hell was he doing here?

"Ah, Shawn?" Dorian smiled politely.

I snorted.

"No, it's Shivaay," the man in question bristled, clearly annoyed.

"Ah, right," Dorian nodded. "My bad." His eyes darted to me, as I pressed the back of my palm to my mouth, to stifle a laughter. "I'll go and check on the others."

As Dorian darted away, Shivaay stepped in front of me and scowled.

"Kis angle se mein koi 'Shawn' dikhta hoon?" He grumbled.

I chuckled. "You cannot be taking that so seriously, Shivaay."

"I don't like him," Shivaay shook his head.

"He's my friend, Shivaay," my lips pursed into a thin line. "And if you don't like him, you don't have to be here."

"Are you choosing him over me?" He frowned.

I blinked.

What the hell?!

"I'm not choosing anyone," I let out an exasperated breath. "I'm just saying that if you have a problem with my friend, you're more than welcome to leave." I crossed my arms in front, "It's not like either one of us asked you to be here."

"And how would it have looked if I hadn't come?" He glared at me.

I stared at him, utterly baffled.

"Normal," I snapped. "Not every single couple needs to go to their partner's friends' hangouts all the time."

"Your friends sure seem to have brought their partners," he glanced at a point behind me.