|| 32 ||

As soon as the door to Anaisha Aunty's bungalow opened up, I was attacked by a tiny streaking energetic ball—— i

As soon as the door to Anaisha Aunty's bungalow opened up, I was attacked by a tiny streaking energetic ball—— i.e. Roshni Kashyap.

"Maasi!" Roshni beamed up at me, as I chuckled and leaned down to hug her. "I missed you!"

"You saw her yesterday," Ritwik frowned at his niece.

"Yes," Roshni nodded with a serious look on her face. "It's been too long." She unwrapped her arms from around my neck, and stepped back to look at Shivaay who tilted his head. "Hello, Billu Uncle."

"Hello," a corner of his lips curved upwards.

She extended her arms, "Up."

I watched as Shivaay bent down and lifted her up in his arms, his touch gentle and careful.

"Roshni!" Radhika Di frowned at her daughter, who smiled sheepishly. "Let Shivaay breathe, baby." She extended her arms, "Come here."

"But I wanna stay here," Roshni placed her head on Shivaay's shoulder, pouting at her mother. "Billu Uncle doesn't mind, do you?" She looked up at him, jutting out her lower lip, and blinked her large doe brown eyes.

Wow!

She sure knew how to get what she wanted.

"No, I don't," he looked at Radhika Di. "It's quite alright, Radhika." He nodded reassuringly, "Truly. I don't mind."

"Alright," Radhika Di frowned.

"Hi, Jiju," Gauri grinned as Radhika Di's husband wrapped his arms around my sister, and patted the back of her head.

"Chutki!" Aman Jiju leaned back and and placed a hand on her cheek. "You've grown up, kiddo."

"I hope you remember us, Bhaiya," Neha grinned.

Rolling his eyes, Aman Jiju hugged Neha, before accepting hugs from Rashi and Richa, who had met us right outside, a few minutes ago, looking breathless and elated.

Unlike Ritwik and I, Neha called Radhika Di's husband as 'Bhaiya'.

It had started when we'd spent the day at Ritwik's place, a few weeks before Radhika Di and Aman Jiju's wedding, on Rakshabandhan.

Neha had been upset that she'd not had anyone to tie a rakhi to, and thus Aman Jiju had unofficially adopted her as his sister.

Unlike Richa, Rashi, Gauri and I, who were addressed as 'Maasi' by Roshni and Rani, Neha was referred to as 'Bua'.

"Maa," Aman Jiju bent down to seek blessings from Radha Maasi, before grinning at Kalpana Dadi and taking her hand. He kissed the back of her palm, as KD grinned. "The most beautiful lady on earth."