|| 33 ||

Shivaay and I had been walking for about nearly an hour, in utter silence

It had been awkward—— with him constantly frowning into the distance, and me fiddling with my fingers as I tried to figure out a way to initiate a conversation.

"I'm surprised you haven't said a single word," I glanced at him, to see him smiling warily at me.

"You're upset. I didn't wish to make you uncomfortable," I shrugged.

"Consequences of my own actions," he shrugged, rolling down the sleeves of his kurta, before rubbing his hands up and down his arms.

"Well," I nodded, slowly. "That's true," I acquiesced.

"Do Neha and Gauri hate me now?" He glanced at me with a hesitant look on his face.

Something about the forlorn look on his face, and disappointment in his eyes, tugged at my heartstrings.

"They don't hate you," I said, slowly. "They're just not particularly fond of you at the moment." Smiling softly, I placed a hand on his bicep and squeezed lightly. "Give them some time. They'll come around."

"And you?" He arched an eyebrow. "Have you forgiven me?"

"Jury's still out," I shrugged, but the upwards quirk of my lips indicated to the fact that I was joking.

A small smile appeared on his face as he shook his head, and looked into the distance.

"Well, I'll get an earful from Om, later on," he sighed. "It's what I deserve." He glanced at me.

I held up my hands in surrender, "I'm not going to contradict you on that."

He let out an amused chuckle. "You truly are the most blunt person I'd ever met."

"I shall take that as a compliment," I grinned.

"I could call us a taxi," he fished out his cellphone.

"No," plucking it from his grip, I held it in my hand. "Shit," my eyes widened.

"What?" His eyebrows furrowed, as he looked at me in concern.

"I left my purse in the car," I groaned. "My cellphone's there." Sighing, I rubbed my temple. "This is great." I muttered under my breath, in a sarcastic tone.

"We still have mine," he looked pointedly at the cellphone in my grip.

"Right," I nodded. "How much farther is your family's hotel?" I frowned.

"Just a few minutes more," he shrugged.

Exhaling a sigh, as we walked into a park, I looked around for a bench to sit on, for walking for an hour in heels was a nightmare!

Startling, I let out a yelp as I felt something brushing past my ear.

"What was that?" I gripped onto Shivaay's arm, as he looked at me, amused. "Was that a bug?"