|| 31 ||

The chirping sounds of birds were the first thing I registered, as I squinted against a strange light which shone on my eyelids

The cold breeze made me shudder slightly, and I snuggled into the warm pillow on my side, burrowing my face deeper into the pillow.

My nose scrunched at the strange fabric that Maasi had decided to use for the pillows, but I let it be.

After all, it was the warmth I cared about, not the material. My eyebrows furrowed as I realised that the material was much harder than the pillows I had gone to sleep with.

Had Ritwik or Neha replaced my pillows with those of bricks?

I brought my arm closer around the pillow I'd been hugging tightly, when a sudden sound of someone grunting made me still.

No!

No!

No!

No!

No!

No!

No!

NO!

DON'T TELL ME——

My eyes flew wide open, and the first thing my eyes focused on, was the white material in front of me; the second was the body I was hugging; and the third—— and most mortifying of all—— it was Mr. Oberoi!

My eyes shot wide open, and I sat up on the bed, as far away from him, as I could get, placing a hand over my furiously beating heart.

My eyes fell onto the pillows I'd thrown onto the floor, on my side, and I groaned softly.

"You've got to be kidding me," I muttered.

So, he hadn't been lying.

I had been the one to throw away the pillow-wall and hug him in my sleep.

"No, I hadn't been lying," the voice made me turn around to see an amused Mr. Oberoi smiling sleepily.

I swallowed, noticing the dimples in his cheeks, as he blinked his eyes open slowly.

My eyebrows furrowed.

Wait!

Had he——