|| 34 ||

I wrapped my arms around Neha, as we parted from the hug

"Are you sure you don't want to join me?" Neha frowned.

"Yeah," I said, exhaling a sigh. "I need to drop by HQ."

She squeezed my hand. "Alright," she whispered softly, as she glanced at Vikram who was busy bidding adieu to Radha Maasi, Richa, Rashi, Ritwik and Kalpana Dadi.

Shivaay had returned to Mumbai two days ago, evading everyone.

I'd lied through my teeth, stating that it had been to deal with a work emergency back in Mumbai which had required his urgent attention.

Neha had done her best to conceal her rage towards Shivaay, for the past two days, which had truly been impressive given the fact that she'd already exposed one of the office scandals taking place at Oberoi Industries, just because she wanted Shivaay Singh Oberoi to be pissed off.

Om and Gauri had left the day after, i.e. yesterday, since Gauri had to prepare for her upcoming exams.

Why on Earth my sister had decided to start studying from months before, was a mystery I did not wish to solve.

I was only glad she'd decided to do so, so she wouldn't end up pulling all-nighters.

"I'll be fine," I whispered.

"I'll drop you off at Ashiyana," Vikram nodded at me.

"I have a ticket, Vikram," I looked at him pointedly.

"I'll pay you the amount," Vikram insisted. His eyes darted to Neha who had bounded up to KD and wrapped our grey haired superwoman into a hug. "Just, come on, yeah?" I opened my mouth, as my eyebrows furrowed, about to question him as to why he was doing such a thing. "Annika, please."

I shut my mouth—— he'd never called me by my first name, ever since we'd become friends.

"Alright," I nodded slowly.

"Why does he want to drop you off at HQ?" Neha pulled me away, as Vikram grabbed my suitcase and put it in the trunk of the car.

"Beats me," I whispered.

"You don't think," Neha hesitated, glancing at Vikram, "that he suspects anything amiss about your relationship with Mr. Asshole, do you?"

I looked at my best friend with an amused smile.

Ever since we were in private, after she'd found out, Neha had been calling Shivaay, 'Mr. Asshole'.

"No," I shook my head. "And you really should stop calling him that," I nudged her with my elbow.

"I would rather jump into a pool of piranhas," she replied in a flat tone.

I laughed.

My best friend was far too loyal for me to ever be able to changer her mind, unless she wanted to do it herself.