Three Lines

The two bonded immensely after that. After only having known each other two months now, they were good friends always hanging out together, almost like they were conjoined at the hip.

It was Halloween and the two finally decided to go to their first college party. Tyler's friend Mark Eshleman in Tyler's theater class was hosting it at his house, so he felt entitled to go as long as Josh went too.

When the two got there it was anything but quiet. Music blaring through the windows of the house; you could hear it a mile away. Tyler rang the doorbell and Mark answered.

"Tyler! Dude, I'm surprised you came! You must be Josh!" Exclaimed Mark.

"Hey Mark."

"Nice to meet you."

"Come in, come in. There's drinks over there if you want."

"I'm good, I'm more of a non-drinker."

"Same."

Tyler hated social outings like this. He looked around to all the faces. He'd stare at one face. Blur. Then another. Blur. The two faces in the corner. Blur. Tyler hated it. It's not so much that the faces were blurring, but they were becoming distorted to Tyler's eyes, they 'blur' because Tyler knew Blurry was in control of it. Blurry would make their eyes bigger and their facial expression would form to show an angry face staring Tyler down. 

They're judging you.

Why are you here?

YOu doN't BelONG HeRE.

Tyler started breathing deeply.

aM I sUFfoCaTing yoU?

Josh looked over to Tyler and was deeply concerned by his breathing pattern.

"You alright, man?

"Josh, why did we go to this?"

He looked at Josh's face. Luckily his face, and Mark's, were the few that didn't blur.

"Come on let's go find Mark and tell him we're leaving. This isn't our cup of tea, man."

They went over to Mark and told him they were gonna leave because Josh had an essay to write.

"Well then, I guess I'll show you the stash now then."

"The stash?" Josh asked confused.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Show us!" Tyler said.

He had began breathing normally again and avoided eye contact with others, other than Josh and Mark.

Josh looked confused and Tyler just motioned for him to follow along.

"It's not drugs I swear." Tyler said.

They followed Mark to the basement of the house, and the music softened.

Mark flipped on a light switch and said

"Here it is."

The room was full of every media person's dream. Cameras, a high-tech computer system to edit and create photos and videos, and to the right was a complete recording studio. Tyler and Josh were stunned.

"This is sick!" Josh exclaimed.

"This is so sick!" Tyler added in.

"Thanks, I hope to be a professional doing this one day, like taking pictures, producing videos. Music videos in particular, that's what the studio is for. I've got a messed up mind with a wicked imagination that could produce some epic stuff."

"I bet, man. I hope you get to do that one day."

Before Mark could respond there came a shout from the top of the steps that said

"MARK WE NEED YOU RIGHT NOW!"

"I better go check out what that is"

They all went upstairs and into the kitchen where there was red stuff all over the counter and the floor.