Chapter I

Age 1572

In the grand halls of the Silver Millennium palace, Queen Serenity's voice echoed with authority as she called upon her loyal feline advisor.

"Luna!"

With graceful swiftness, Luna, a mystical feline with eyes as wise as the moon, appeared before the queen, bowing respectfully.

"How may I be of service, Your Majesty?" Luna inquired, her voice tinged with an air of reverence.

Queen Serenity's gaze turned towards her daughter, Princess Serene, whose youthful countenance held a hint of melancholy.

"I require a loyal servant for my daughter, Serene," the queen stated, her tone conveying both concern and determination.

Luna's keen eyes observed the princess, recognizing the need for companionship and guidance in her formative years.

"Are the current attendants not suited for such a task, Your Majesty?" Luna inquired, her mind already assessing potential candidates.

"It is not merely assistance she requires, but also someone who can be a trusted confidante," Queen Serenity explained, her voice carrying the weight of a mother's concern.

Understanding the gravity of the situation, Luna nodded solemnly.

"I shall endeavor to find the perfect guardian for Princess Serene," Luna assured the queen, her unwavering loyalty evident in her every word.

"I entrust this task to you, Luna." the queen declared, her gaze unwavering.

"Consider it done, Your Majesty," Luna replied with a respectful bow before gracefully departing to fulfill her mission.

---

Meanwhile, in the bustling village of Nanmoku, a young man named Mamoru Chiba moved through the crowded streets with purpose and kindness.

"Let me help you, Grandma," Mamoru offered, his strong arms reaching out to aid an elderly woman struggling with her load.

Grateful for his assistance, the elderly woman smiled warmly at Mamoru's kindness.

"Mamoru, could you gather some wood for me as well?" another villager asked, recognizing Mamoru's willingness to lend a hand.

Without hesitation, Mamoru agreed, his sense of duty and compassion guiding his actions.

Known throughout Nanmoku for his selflessness and generosity, Mamoru's deeds did not go unnoticed.

"You've helped us once again, Mamoru," an elderly lady remarked, offering him a handful of coins as a token of appreciation.

Declining the payment with a humble smile, Mamoru simply replied, "No need for payment, Grandma. Helping others is its own reward."

"Well then," Mamoru said with a gentle smile, his eyes reflecting his determination. "I've got to go, Grandma. I still need to gather some wood for Oksana."

With a sense of purpose driving him forward, Mamoru bid farewell to the elderly woman and made his way towards the lush forest that bordered the village. The dense canopy overhead filtered the sunlight into dappled patterns on the forest floor as he navigated the familiar paths with ease.

As he ventured deeper into the heart of the woods, Mamoru's senses became attuned to the natural rhythms of the forest. The rustle of leaves in the gentle breeze and the chirping of birds overhead provided a comforting backdrop to his thoughts.