Chapter XXXI

Sailor V swiftly changed into Minako as she emerged alongside the Sailor Guardians.

"Great job, Mina!" Artemis cheered joyfully.

Minako remained silent, simply flopping onto the bed as she endured the pain once more.

"Interesting..." She remarked with a forced smile. "I have quite the sense of humor, don't I, Artemis?"

"What do you mean, Mina?" Artemis inquired.

"It's wonderful that Sailor Moon has discovered her allies... but she remains the same old crybaby," Minako remarked, gazing up and reflecting. "The Princess who couldn't stand alone, who becomes too lonely when left to herself."

As tears slowly trickled down her cheeks, Minako's anguish became evident. "While I bear these burdens alone," she lamented, enveloping herself in pillows as she wept, "I am still expected to uplift her spirit because the princess of this era seems incapable of taking action!"

"MINA!" Artemis's voice rang out with a mix of surprise and indignation. "Are you venting your frustrations about the princess?"

"No," Minako responded, her voice tinged with exasperation. "But why am I always the one who must be there for her when she already has friends to rely on?"

Minako's words carried a sense of melancholy as she continued, "It feels like everyone is leaving me behind, while Mamoru effortlessly gathers support for the princess. Isn't it unfair that I'm left to face challenges alone while others unite to aid her?" The weight of her isolation and the perceived imbalance of support weighed heavily on Minako's heart, highlighting the complexities of her role and emotions within the group dynamic.

"I am here," Artemis whispered softly as he observed Minako heading out once more, lost in thoughts of the past and reminiscing about the old Minako he once knew.

"When we first crossed paths, you were brimming with dreams and aspirations," Artemis reflected, recalling the vibrant and determined spirit that defined Minako in their earlier encounters.

Artemis's words resonated with a mix of admiration and concern as he continued to observe Minako from a distance.

"Your unwavering commitment to justice and love, coupled with your innate beauty and kindness, have always been your defining traits," Artemis mused, recognizing the core values that once defined Minako's character and guided her actions.

Artemis watched silently from a distance as Minako made her way to the bridge, a place where she had once contemplated ending her life.

"It was for these reasons that I selected you on behalf of the queen," Artemis revealed, his gaze fixed on Minako as she stood at the bridge.

"The queen was drawn to you because of your resemblance to the princess," he continued, acknowledging the connection that sparked the queen's interest in Minako.

"However, it was your unwavering dedication and commitment to your duties that truly captured the queen's admiration," Artemis added, emphasizing the qualities that had endeared Minako to the queen and solidified her role within their mission. As the wind gently brushed against her, Minako stood in contemplation, reflecting on the significance of her life.

"Mina," Artemis pondered aloud, "Have you truly forgotten who you once were?"

Artemis's question carried a weight of introspection, prompting Minako to reflect on her past self and the essence of her identity that may have been overshadowed by the challenges and responsibilities she now faces.