Chapter XX

Amidst the chaos, Mamoru stands firm, his protective barrier holding back the combined might of Metalia and Beryl, his mind racing with strategies to counter their assault.

"Beryl," he addresses her with a mix of disdain and resignation, "that is your name, isn't it?"

Beryl, her voice dripping with honeyed promises, responds, "Indeed, Mamoru. Come with me, and I shall bestow upon you power beyond imagination, second only to my own."

Mamoru's gaze hardens as he rebuffs her offer, "It was a mistake to have saved you."

Beryl recoils, wounded by his words, "How could you say such a thing?"

"Because of you," Mamoru's voice carries the weight of regret, "the queen and her people suffer, as do her creations."

Beryl's laughter fills the air, a sharp contrast to Metalia's growing ire. "Suffering?" Metalia retorts, her tone laced with venom. "What of my suffering when she cast me aside despite my unwavering loyalty?"

Before Luna can voice her disbelief, Metalia unleashes her fury, targeting the feline with a blast of energy.

"Luna!" Artemis cries out, rushing to her aid.

The queen, weakened but determined, attempts to intervene, but her strength wanes.

Metalia turns her attention back to Luna, her voice dripping with malice, "Who was it that once saved you and your white companion from starvation?"

As Luna struggles against Metalia's power, she musters her courage to speak her truth, "You're not Metalia. You're a power-hungry tyrant masquerading as a victim."

Enraged, Metalia prepares to strike again, but the queen, with her last ounce of strength, emits a blinding light, halting the impending attack.

"Mother!" Sailor Moon's cry pierced the air as she attempted to break through the barrier, only to be restrained by her fellow Sailor Soldiers.

"We must finalize our strategy first," Jupiter interjected, her voice laced with restrained fury.

"But..." Sailor Moon protested.

"Princess," Mamoru's voice strained with effort, "trust in the Guardians. I will channel all my power to grant you more time."

With a heavy heart, Sailor Moon watched as her mother succumbed to unconsciousness, drained of her energy by the relentless assault.

Meanwhile, the queen collapsed, unconscious, her strength depleted. Mamoru, his emotions roiling within him, struggled against the oppressive force exerted by Beryl.

"You wouldn't be in such turmoil if you joined me," Beryl taunted. "Now, join your fallen comrade and witness the demise of this universe!"

With a malevolent intent, Beryl and Metalia unleashed a devastating force.

"Sailor Guardians, now!" Mamoru's signal rang out, a beacon of hope amidst the chaos.

As Sailor Mercury stepped forward, her ocean-blue eyes gleamed with resolve, taking command amidst the swirling chaos.

"Sailor Guardians, unite!" Her voice rang out, cutting through the turmoil with clarity.

Jupiter, her muscles coiled like a spring, crackled with the energy of an impending storm. "Let's show them what we're made of!" she declared, fists clenched in anticipation.

Mars, her crimson hair ablaze with inner fire, nodded in fierce agreement. "They'll regret crossing us," she vowed, flames dancing at her fingertips.