Chapter XXIV

As Usagi found herself enveloped in pitch-black darkness, a sense of loneliness washed over her. Confusion clouded her mind as a silver crystal suddenly began to glow from her chest, casting an ethereal light in the darkness.

"What's happening? What is this?" she wondered aloud, her voice trembling with uncertainty.

Suddenly, a voice pierced through the darkness, sending shivers down Usagi's spine. She turned to see a man standing before her, his face obscured by a mask, but his eyes filled with warmth and familiarity.

"Princess," the man said, his voice soft and reassuring. "I am your confidante and your servant."

Usagi's heart fluttered at the sight of him, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "W-Who are you?" she stammered, unable to tear her gaze away from his mesmerizing presence.

The man reached out and gently kissed Usagi's hand, his touch sending a jolt of electricity through her veins. "I am your guardian," he replied, his voice filled with unwavering devotion.

Just as Usagi felt herself being drawn closer to the mysterious man, a sudden splash of cold water snapped her out of her reverie. She blinked in confusion, finding herself back in her bedroom, with her mother standing over her, looking exasperated.

"Mother! Why did you wake me up like that?" Usagi protested, her voice tinged with annoyance.

Her mother sighed, her patience wearing thin. "You were already late yesterday on your first day of school. Do you want to be late again? Now hurry up and get dressed!"

Usagi's eyes widened in realization as she scrambled out of bed and rushed to the shower, her mind still reeling from the strange and vivid dream she had just experienced.

As Usagi stood in front of the bathroom mirror, the memory of the mysterious man from her dream lingered in her mind like a whisper on the edge of her consciousness. She couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity that washed over her whenever she thought of him.

"I wonder..." she mused aloud, her gaze fixed on her reflection. "Who could that man be? And what did he mean by saying he's my guardian?"

The words echoed in her mind, repeating like a mantra as she tried to make sense of the enigmatic encounter.

"I am your guardian..."

Just then, the sound of her brother's impatient voice broke through her thoughts, snapping her back to reality.

"Usagi, what's taking you so long in there? Hurry up! I don't want to be late for school because of you!" Shingo's voice rang out from outside the bathroom door, filled with irritation.

Usagi couldn't resist a mischievous grin as she turned on the shower to full blast, relishing in the thought of annoying her brother.

"Usagi, you're such an idiot!" Shingo's frustrated cry only made her grin widen as she enjoyed her little moment of mischief.

After spending what felt like an eternity in the shower, Usagi emerged dressed and ready for school, albeit slightly disheveled from her rushed morning routine.

"Aren't you going to have breakfast, Usagi?" her father, Kenji, asked with a concerned furrow in his brow.

Usagi's mother intervened, handing her a neatly packed lunchbox. "Here, dear. Even if you're a bit irresponsible, I don't want you to go hungry. Make sure you eat plenty, okay?"

Usagi's smile widened at her mother's caring gesture, and she nodded enthusiastically. "Thanks, Mom!"

Her mother's tone turned serious as she added, "And make sure you actually go to school this time..."