Chapter XXVI

Jadeite knelt before Queen Beryl, presenting a massive ball of crackling energy with a flourish.

"This is the energy I have garnered, My Queen," he announced proudly, his eyes gleaming with satisfaction.

Queen Beryl regarded the swirling mass of energy with interest, her expression inscrutable. "That's quite impressive," she acknowledged, her voice tinged with curiosity. "But..."

Jadeite's grin widened as he anticipated her next words. "But there's not a tad of the Princess's energy,"

"Jadeite," Queen Beryl said, her voice dripping with displeasure. "Are you sure you're doing your job properly?"

"I'll swear to be more competitive, Queen," Jadeite replied hastily, eager to appease her. "In fact, I have a place in mind where the princess might be found."

"Then waste no time," Queen Beryl commanded, her tone firm. "We need more energy and the princess to awaken Queen Metalia."

Jadeite nodded obediently, already formulating his plans. But before he could leave, curiosity got the better of him.

"Mind if I ask, Queen?" Jadeite inquired cautiously. "What's with your fixation with the princess?"

Queen Beryl's eyes flashed with an intensity that made Jadeite shiver involuntarily. "The princess is the key to unlocking Queen Metalia's full power," she explained cryptically. "With her energy, we will be unstoppable. Now go, and bring me the princess."

As Mamoru found himself submerged in the depths of the ocean, a familiar voice echoed around him, sending shivers down his spine.

"Mamoru," the voice whispered, its icy tendrils wrapping around him like a cold embrace. "You are mine..."

Mamoru's heart pounded in his chest as he struggled against the oppressive grip of the voice.

"Leave me alone," he commanded, his voice resolute despite the fear gnawing at his insides.

But the voice persisted, its words dripping with malice and desire. "The princess doesn't need you," it hissed, its fingers trailing over Mamoru's body with a chilling touch. "But I do..."

With a surge of defiance, Mamoru pushed against the unseen force, his muscles straining with effort as he fought to break free.

"NO!!" he shouted, his voice echoing through the depths of the ocean as he resisted the sinister presence that sought to ensnare him.

As a familiar face materialized in front of him, Mamoru found himself face to face with the haunting visage of an entity from his past. Her icy touch pressed against his lips, sending a shiver down his spine.

"I was your fated one," she whispered, her voice laced with an unsettling combination of longing and possession. "We were brought together by the ocean."

Mamoru's breath caught in his throat as he felt a numbness spreading through his body. The surroundings darkened around him, the waves of the ocean wrapping around his hands and feet like chains, trapping him in place.

"You are mine and mine alone, Mamoru," the voice declared, its words echoing ominously in the darkness.

Suddenly, Mamoru's eyes shot open, his heart racing as he jolted upright. It took him a moment to realize that he was safe in his own bed, the lingering tendrils of the dream fading away like mist in the morning sun.