Chapter IX

(The journey of Sailor V persists)

Sailor V vaulted through the portal, returning to the Moon Kingdom.

As they traversed through the spectrum of colors on their journey to the Moon Kingdom, Artemis spoke, 'You've been training for three days on Earth, which equates to merely half a day in the Moon Kingdom. How did it go?'

Minako sighed, 'It's not exactly a walk in the park, but it's not overly challenging either.'

Artemis nodded, 'You've only just begun your training. This is all part of the Queen's preparations for you to serve as her personal aide.'

Minako furrowed her brow in contemplation. "If the Queen has the power to create all living things and the vast galaxy, why does she still need me as her personal aide? Let alone search for three girls on Earth?"

Artemis sighed, his feline features expressing a mixture of understanding and concern. "Ever since the Queen gave birth to Serene, all her powers have been vested in her," Artemis explained solemnly.

"Serene? You mean the one she mentioned?" Minako inquired.

"Yes," Artemis confirmed. "Since the betrayal of Metalia, the Queen has been engulfed in a deep depression. Her sorrow has inadvertently triggered catastrophies upon galaxies."

Minako's expression softened with empathy. "That's... quite sad."

Artemis nodded in agreement. "She has lost the will to rule, as she no longer sees herself worthy after Metalia's betrayal."

"Even we, as her remaining advisors, couldn't do anything to cheer up the Queen," Artemis admitted with a heavy heart.

Minako recalled the warmth of the Queen's smile and her unwavering kindness. "Even the most powerful creatures seem to have weaknesses," she mused.

"But in the midst of sorrow, a hope was born," Artemis continued, a hint of warmth entering his voice. "Through the emanating power of the moon, reflecting the Queen's purity and strength, a miracle occurred... A child. The Queen smiled once more after a long period of depression. Peace and tranquility were restored." Artemis's smile mirrored the newfound hope that had blossomed within the Moon Kingdom.

"In a tender moment of clarity amidst the shadows of despair, the Queen bestowed upon her newborn daughter the name 'Serene,' a word imbued with the very essence of tranquility. For in the cradle of Serene's innocence, the Queen found solace, her heart alight with newfound hope. With each breath of the infant, a gentle breeze of peace swept through the Moon Kingdom, dispelling the lingering echoes of sorrow that had clouded its skies. Serene, the embodiment of serenity itself, became the beacon of light that guided the Queen back from the depths of despair, restoring harmony to both the Moon Kingdom and her weary soul."
Artemis regarded Minako with a contemplative gaze, his words measured and filled with a quiet understanding. "You know, there's a certain resemblance between you and the Princess," he mused softly.

Minako's cheeks warmed with a sudden blush, her eyes widening in surprise. "E-Eh?"

"Perhaps the Queen noticed it too," Artemis continued, his tone gentle yet insistent. "It could be why she feels drawn to you... why she entrusted you with the role of her personal aide."

A shy smile graced Minako's lips as she absorbed Artemis's words, a flicker of realization dawning within her. Perhaps there was more to her connection with the Queen and the Moon Kingdom than she had initially realized.

"I just hope I can live up to her expectations. The fate of the Moon Kingdom and Earth may depend on it."

Artemis placed a comforting paw on her shoulder. "You will, Minako. I have faith in you, Likewise the Queen. And remember, you're not alone in this. We're in this together."