Chapter X

As Ami joined Luna and Mamoru on their quest to uncover the other potential warriors, their journey led them through winding paths and dense forests. After trekking for what felt like an eternity, they finally decided to take a well-deserved rest amidst the tranquil embrace of a nearby forest.

"How have you been holding up?" Luna's voice broke the silence as they settled down.

"I'm managing," Ami replied, her tone betraying a hint of exhaustion, as they watched Mamoru skillfully prepare their breakfast over a crackling fire.

"He's quite the caretaker, isn't he?" Ami remarked, her admiration evident in her voice.

"He truly is," Luna agreed with a nod, a sense of pride creeping into her words. "I was the one who first recognized his potential."

Curiosity piqued, Ami turned her attention towards Luna. "And what about you, Luna? What exactly are you?"

A knowing smile graced Luna's lips as she responded, "I serve as one of the queen's trusted advisors."

"The Queen?" Ami's eyes widened with intrigue. "She must be an extraordinary leader."

"You have no idea," Luna replied with a mysterious glint in her eyes. "Just wait until you have the privilege of meeting her. You'll see."

"It's breakfast time, ladies," Mamoru announced warmly, extending the invitation to his companions.

As the aroma of freshly cooked food filled the air, Mamoru gestured towards the makeshift breakfast spread, a humble yet inviting assortment of nourishment carefully prepared over the crackling flames. "Please, help yourselves,"

As Ami delicately savored a bite of the grilled fish, she couldn't help but express her surprise at its delicious flavor. "This is quite good. I never imagined fish could taste this flavorful," she remarked between mouthfuls of rice.

Aware of the physical demands of their journey, Mamoru nodded in agreement. "Indeed, we all need proper nourishment for the challenges ahead," he acknowledged, a hint of concern flickering in his eyes as he silently wished for Princess Serene's well-being.

Amidst the meal, Ami seized the opportunity to inquire further about the pressing issue Mamoru had mentioned earlier. "By the way, Mamoru," she began, her curiosity piqued, "could you enlighten me on the matter you mentioned earlier?"

Apologizing for the oversight, Mamoru turned his gaze skyward, contemplating the gravity of their mission. "Forgive me for not elaborating sooner," he expressed regretfully. "Danger lurks at every turn. The queen seeks warriors to safeguard her realm and the princess, to vanquish the encroaching evil."

The notion of becoming a warrior caught Ami off guard. "A warrior?" she repeated, her thoughts swirling with disbelief. "I never imagined myself fitting into such a role."

Luna's reassuring smile spoke volumes. "You are more than you realize, Ami," she affirmed, her voice brimming with confidence. "I sense dormant powers within you. My intuition rarely fails me. I eagerly await the queen's encounter with you."

"I too am eager for that moment," Ami admitted with a sense of anticipation.

With a determined smile, Mamoru silently addressed Princess Serene in his thoughts. "Princess, just wait for me up there. I will fulfill this mission swiftly and return to your side," he vowed silently, his resolve unwavering as he focused on the task at hand.