Chapter XXII

In the dimly lit alley, the air was thick with tension as the gunman's menacing figure loomed over his trembling victims, a glint of malice shining in his eyes. With a sinister grin, he brandished his weapon, his finger poised on the trigger as he prepared to strike.

But just as the gunman tightened his grip, a sudden flash of light illuminated the darkness, catching him off guard. Before he could react, a powerful blast of energy streaked through the air, knocking the gun from his hand and sending it clattering to the ground.

Sailor V turned towards them, her eyes shining with determination. "Stay back," she commanded, her voice firm but reassuring. "You're safe now."

With a swift motion, Sailor V directed her crescent beam towards the gunman, her aim true as it collided with his outstretched hand, causing him to cry out in pain and stumble backwards.

"You think you can stop me?!" the gunman snarled, his voice laced with defiance as he struggled to regain his footing.

But before he could recover, Artemis leaped into action, his claws unsheathed as he pounced on the gunman with fierce determination. With a series of swift slashes, he incapacitated the assailant, rendering him helpless as he crumpled to the ground, defeated.

The victims breathed a sigh of relief as Sailor V and Artemis stood triumphant, their courage and valor shining brightly in the face of adversity.

"You saved us," one of the victims said, their voice trembling with emotion as they approached Sailor V and Artemis. "Thank you."

Sailor V offered them a reassuring smile. "It's all in a day's work," she replied humbly, her eyes filled with compassion. "Just remember to stay safe out there."

As the police arrived and swiftly apprehended the defeated gunman, Sailor V prepared to make her exit, her mission accomplished. But before she could vanish into the shadows, a curious voice broke through the commotion.

"Wait," a child nearby called out, their eyes wide with wonder. "Who are you?"

Sailor V turned towards the child and offered them a warm smile, her heart touched by their innocence and curiosity. With a graceful gesture, she held up a peace sign before leaping away into the night, her cape billowing behind her.

"Sailor Peace?" the police wondered aloud, exchanging puzzled glances as they watched her departure.

"Or it could be... Sailor V!" the child exclaimed excitedly, their voice filled with awe and admiration as they gazed after the mysterious hero.

"Sailor V!" they called out, their words echoing in the alley as Sailor V disappeared into the darkness.

As news of the incident spread, the media buzzed with speculation about the mysterious teenage girl in a cape and mask, accompanied by a white feline sidekick. Witnesses recounted the heroic actions of "Sailor V," marveling at her bravery and selflessness in the face of danger.

As Minako hurried back to where Katarina was waiting, she was greeted with a scolding tone.

"You're late!" Katarina exclaimed, her arms folded across her chest in mock annoyance.

Minako scratched her head sheepishly, a guilty smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Well... someone hid my stuff so I had to look all over, hehe," she admitted, her eyes twinkling with mischief.

Katarina arched an eyebrow, her gaze flicking to the white feline perched on Minako's shoulder. "And where did you find that cat?" she asked, her tone skeptical.