Chapter V

The party was postponed due to the unexpected arrival of a person who claimed to be Mamoru's fate. As Mamoru pondered over this encounter, the princess stayed at one of the villagers' homes.

Gazing at the moon, Mamoru's thoughts consumed him until Luna's voice broke the silence.

"Mamoru, you seem preoccupied," Luna remarked, her eyes reflecting the moon's glow.

Turning to Luna, Mamoru confessed, "I've unintentionally hurt someone. How can I be fit to serve the princess if I've caused pain to another?"

Luna, bathed in the moonlight, offered her wisdom. "You didn't mean to hurt her. Your actions were guided by kindness, and she may have misunderstood."

Mamoru wordlessly cast stones into the sea, grappling with his emotions.

"It's not your fault. If she misinterpreted your intentions, that burden doesn't rest on your shoulders," Luna reassured him.

A smile touched Mamoru's lips. "You're right," he conceded. "Let's construct a castle for the princess from these stones... Will you help me, Luna?"

In the Moon Kingdom, Queen Serenity's brow furrowed with worry as she contemplated the potential risks of her daughter's sojourn on Earth.

"You appear deep in thought, my queen," remarked Artemis, his feline eyes reflecting her concern.

"I am merely considering the possibilities," replied the queen, her tone troubled. "What if darkness were to arise while they enjoy their time on Earth?"

Artemis offered reassurance. "You banished Metaria, my queen. Surely, there is little to no cause for concern."

The queen's unease persisted, her gaze distant as she voiced her fears. "I cannot shake this sense of foreboding, Artemis. Serene is not yet ready to face such threats."

Artemis nodded solemnly, acknowledging the queen's apprehensions. "Perhaps it would be prudent to take precautions, my queen. We cannot afford to underestimate the potential dangers that may lurk in the shadows."

Queen Serenity's expression softened as she considered Artemis's counsel. "You speak wisely, Artemis. We must ensure the safety of our princess at all costs."

With a determined nod, Artemis accepted the queen's command. "I will not rest until I have found a worthy guardian to protect the universe," he vowed solemnly before swiftly departing for Earth.

Queen Serenity watched as Artemis disappeared from view, her heart heavy with the weight of her decision. She knew that entrusting Artemis with such a crucial task was necessary to ensure the safety of both realms.

As she awaited news from Artemis, Queen Serenity could only hope that he would succeed in his mission. For the fate of the universe depended on the bravery and loyalty of those willing to stand against the encroaching darkness.

"What a delightful surprise, Mamoru!" Serene exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with wonder as she took in the small castle made of rocks.

Mamoru smiled proudly as Serene marveled at the creation. "Luna and I searched for the finest rocks to build your humble abode. Even on this planet, I want you to be treated with the utmost care and hospitality."

With a grateful smile, Serene stepped into the castle and beheld the feast laid out on a table crafted from pine tree. "This is truly remarkable, Mamoru," she remarked, her heart touched by his thoughtfulness.

Mamoru beamed with pride as he watched Serene take in the scene before her. "I prepared all of this because I want your journey on our planet and your experience of my upbringing to be unforgettable," he explained, his voice filled with warmth and sincerity.

As Mamoru basked in the joy of Serene's smile, Luna couldn't resist teasing him. "Seems like you're wearing your heart on your sleeve, buddy," she remarked playfully, causing Mamoru to blush ever so slightly.

Meanwhile, a young lady observed the scene from a distance, her heart heavy with jealousy and resentment. "How could this happen?" she muttered bitterly. "It should have been me. I was the one who saw him first!"

Suddenly, a voice broke through the tumult of her thoughts. "Beryl," it whispered, sending shivers down her spine. "I know your past. Your parents abandoned you as a child, and you've lived a life of solitude ever since. No one in the village has ever offered you a home."

Beryl's apprehension grew as the voice continued to speak, its words cloaked in darkness. "Show yourself!" she demanded, her voice trembling with fear as a sinister energy materialized before her, its ominous presence looming over her like a shadow. It whispered sinister promises, offering to grant her powers that could fulfill her deepest desires.

"Join me," it hissed, its voice dripping with malice. "With my power, you can have anything you want. Is there something specific you desire?"

Beryl's gaze drifted to Mamoru, who was fishing alongside Luna, and a steely determination settled over her. "Yes," she replied, her voice tinged with a newfound resolve.

The dark energy grinned wickedly, sensing Beryl's eagerness. "I will grant your wish on one condition," it declared, its voice resonating with dark authority. "You must pledge your allegiance to me and help spread darkness across this world. In return, I will bestow upon you the power you seek."

Beryl hesitated for a moment, the weight of the dark energy's condition pressing down on her. But the allure of power and the chance to finally achieve her desires proved too tempting to resist.

"I accept your condition," Beryl declared, her voice trembling with anticipation. "I will do whatever it takes to obtain the power I seek."

The dark energy let out a sinister chuckle, pleased with Beryl's compliance. "Very well," it murmured, its form pulsating with malevolent energy. "You have made the right choice, Beryl. Together, we shall bring darkness to this world."

With that, the dark energy enveloped Beryl, suffusing her with its corrupting power. As the transformation took hold, a sinister grin spread across Beryl's face, her eyes now ablaze with dark intent.

Back at the riverside, Mamoru continued to fish alongside Luna, unaware of the dark forces gathering just beyond his sight. Little did he know, his peaceful existence was about to be disrupted by a new and formidable adversary, one driven by jealousy and consumed by darkness.