Chapter XXXIX

As the festivities of their reincarnation celebration swirl around her, Usagi's gaze lowers, lost in contemplation. Memories of Sailor V and the once-bubbly Sailor Venus flood her mind, casting a shadow over the joyous scene.

"It's been a week since everything happened," she murmurs softly to herself.

"Since Mamoru almost died, and we faced off against Queen Beryl's henchmen," she continues, her voice tinged with a mix of sadness and determination. "Our memories awakening alongside the battles we fought."

Her friends notice her somber demeanor and approach, concern etched on their faces.

"Usagi, are you alright?" Ami asks, her voice gentle.

Usagi forces a small smile, though it doesn't quite reach her eyes. "Yeah, just... thinking about everything," she replies, her thoughts still lingering on the past week's events.

In the tender moments of the night, Mamoru's caring voice broke through the silence, offering comfort to Usagi amidst her inner turmoil.

"Usako," he spoke gently, "what's troubling you? You can confide in us."

Usagi wrapped her arms around herself, seeking solace in the memories of Sailor V and Sailor Venus.

"Sailor V was more than just an ally," she began, her voice soft with reminiscence. "When Mamoru was away searching for the potential guardians, she was there for me. She taught me to look forward to each new day with hope, easing the loneliness that weighed on my heart."

"Thinking of her made me excited for the future," she continued, a hint of a smile touching her lips. "Excited to see Mamoru again, to be with you all, and perhaps, to meet her once more."

"But she's stubborn," Makoto remarked between bites of her sandwich, a hint of frustration in her voice. "She refuses to let anyone in. Always insists on carrying the weight of the world alone."

"Pardon," a voice interrupted. "Minako is a changed person in this era."

"Artemis?!" Usagi exclaimed in surprise.

"I found him, unconscious, while tracking the ominous presence," Luna chimed in, joining Artemis by Usagi's side. Their jubilant expressions mirrored Usagi's own astonishment. "You've finally awakened your memories. You are the princess," Luna declared, her words carrying the weight of destiny fulfilled.

"I am the princess," Usagi declared, her voice tinged with a hint of loneliness, a weighty responsibility settling upon her shoulders. "And it's my duty to safeguard all that my late mother, her majesty, has created."

Her gaze softened as she looked at her friends gathered around her, their unwavering support a source of comfort amidst her newfound burden.

"But I couldn't do it without you guys," she admitted, a small smile gracing her lips as she exchanged glances with each of them.

Her eyes then drifted to the thought of Sailor V, her friend from a distant past. "But we need Sailor V as well," she continued, her voice filled with longing. "After all, she's my friend... from another time."

In that moment, amidst the bonds of friendship and the echoes of destiny, Usagi found solace in the knowledge that she was not alone in her quest to protect the world and those she held dear.

"Mina..." Artemis's voice trembled slightly, a deep sadness underlying his words. "I'm afraid she's not the same Sailor V you once knew. I tried to reach out to her, but I couldn't connect with her at all."