Chapter XXVIII

On a crisp morning in bustling Tokyo, Ami made her way to the Tsukino residence. As she knocked, Ikuko swung open the door, her eyes widening in astonishment at the sight of Ami.

"Good morning," Ami greeted with a warm smile. "Is Usagi already up?"

Ikuko blinked, momentarily taken aback by Ami's presence. "The girl genius," she muttered to herself, before regaining her composure. "I'll go wake her up right away," she said, hurrying upstairs to Usagi's room.

"USAGI!" she called out loudly, hoping to rouse her daughter from her slumber, Leaving Ami chuckling

"USAGI!" Ikuko exclaimed, rapping on Usagi's door in an attempt to rouse her from her deep slumber. "USAGI!"

Luna, the cat at her side, sighed. "Another morning, another bout of chaos," she remarked wryly.

"Usagi," Luna insisted, gently nudging her awake. "You're going to be late."

Usagi groaned, rubbing her eyes. "That's so typical, Luna," she grumbled, settling back into her pillow. "It's not like waking up early will magically improve my grades."

Peering through the window, Luna spotted Ami waiting outside. "Ami is waiting for you," she announced.

"Ami?!" Usagi exclaimed, suddenly wide awake. With a burst of energy, she leaped out of bed and dashed to the bathroom, determined to hurry and meet her friend.

In a flurry of activity, Usagi quickly brushed her teeth and splashed water on her face, trying to shake off the remnants of sleep. "Why didn't you wake me up earlier, Luna?" she scolded as she hastily threw on her school uniform.

Luna shrugged. "I tried, but you're a heavy sleeper, Usagi," she retorted. "Now hurry, Ami is waiting."

With a final glance in the mirror to ensure her hair wasn't too unruly, Usagi grabbed her bag and rushed downstairs, ready to face the day, albeit a little later than usual.

Bounding down the stairs, Usagi skidded to a stop in front of the door where Ami stood patiently. "Sorry for keeping you waiting, Ami!" she exclaimed, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

Ami smiled warmly. "No problem, Usagi. Ready for another day of adventure?" she asked, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

Usagi grinned back. "Absolutely! Let's make it a good one," she declared, feeling energized despite the hectic start to her morning.

----
In the depths of the dark kingdom, Queen Metalia's voice resonated with a cold, commanding tone as she addressed Queen Beryl. "How long do you intend to wait, Beryl?" she questioned, her crimson eyes gleaming with impatience. "The princess is the key to our ultimate victory. We cannot afford to delay any longer."

Queen Beryl, clad in her regal attire, stood before the crystal throne, her expression unreadable as she responded. "Jadeite's failure has set us back," she admitted, her voice tinged with disappointment. "His incompetence has cost us valuable time and resources."

Metalia's gaze narrowed, her patience wearing thin. "Jadeite has served his purpose," she declared coldly. "Dispose of him, Beryl. We cannot afford any more failures."

"I have already disposed of him, Queen Metalia" Beryl said solemnly, her loyalty to Metalia unwavering. "I will ensure that the next plan to capture the princess is executed flawlessly, As you command, my queen," she replied, her tone carrying a hint of determination.