2

I was outside with Jasper on the field that was used for track and the two of us were behind the biggest tree that we could find. This was always the hard part. Being alone with him. He didn't know how loud my heart was beating and how nervous I was feeling sitting so close to him. Being able to smell the cologne that he put on this morning was overpowering to the point I couldn't even smell my own.

He was on his phone the entire time, from the walk through the double doors, through the open field, and now sitting down. I glanced over at him and noticed a smirk on his face while his thumbs moved across the screen he texted on. I already knew who he was texting even though he had a privacy screen. It was-

"Makayla wants to break the schedule," he said, then looked at me and our eyes immediately locked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Jasper didn't know that I knew he would spend seven hours at her house before he came back to his house with her fingernail marks on his back.

"She can't wait for Sunday so she wants to see me after school," Jasper informed me.

I cleared my throat and squirmed around in my spot, failing at hiding how uncomfortable I was feeling. "Are you going to go?"

He shrugged his shoulders and then looked at his phone before turning it off to give me his full attention. "I don't know."

We stared at each other for a long time. I lost track of the minutes but it definitely felt like forever. There were always times that Jasper and I would sit in silence with each other while we did our own things but never had any of those times involved us looking at each other. I wanted to know what was on his mind but didn't know how to ask. So I sat there; letting my heart pound out of my chest under his unbearable stare.

"Can I ask you a personal question, Ash?" Jasper spoke, breaking the silence.

That was another thing that only Jasper could say and it would make me feel special in a small way. Calling me Ash. It was a nickname that he gave me. A very common one but he was the only one that used it.

"Yeah," I said then shrugged. "Go for it."

He turned his body so he was fully facing me. One of his legs was up pressing against his chest while the other one was stretched out in front of him. Something as simple as the way he sat made him ten times hotter and I didn't know why. All of these things never affected me as much as they did now.

"How come I never see you with anyone else outside of my brother, Natalie, and me?" Jasper asked.

"What are you talking about? I hang out with Ryder all the time when you guys aren't around."

"That doesn't count," Jasper said with a faint chuckle. "You two have the same second period, of course, you'll hang out with him. I'm talking about the fact that when classes are over and we're all doing our own thing at your house or mine, you're always the one stuck inside."

Did he notice things like that?

"You noticed?"

He nodded. "And so has Evan and Natalie," he informed me.

"I don't know, I guess I just never thought about anything to do outside of school."

That wasn't completely true. There were a lot of things to do outside of school but the selfish part of me wanted to do all those things with Jasper.

"I'll do something with you."

His sudden words shocked me which I knew was transparent on my face when he let out another chuckle, letting his dimples show. But then there was another thought that crossed my mind.