the great gatsby au

okayyy so Imma try something. 

I absolutely ADORE the Great Gatsby! I've seen the more recent movie with Leonardo DiCaperio (its such a good movie), I saw the musical on Broadway (freaking amazing and I highly suggest), and I'm reading the book write now by F. Scott Fitzgerald. If you haven't read the book or watched the movie, I highly recommend it, because they are sooo good and I am a sucker for classic novels (Phanton of the Opera is one I love) 

This will 100% have spoilers so reader be wary, but if you don't mind it as much, then read along! 

SO, the idea that I came up with is that I'm going to write a one-shot based on the Great Gatsby. Here's the list of characters and descriptions: 

Based after World War Two. 

Grover is Nick Carraway (the narrator, cousin to Daisy/Annabeth, a bondsmen, in love with Jordan/Juniper) 

Annabeth is Daisy Buchanan (the cousin, in love with Jay/Percy, married to Tom/Luke, a elite socialite woman who comes from money) 

Percy is Jay Gatsby (the party thrower, in love in Daisy/Annabeth, main character, shady salesmen, friends with Nick/Grover) 

Luke is Tom Buchanan (Daisy/Annabeth's husband, sleezy, wealthy man) 

Juniper is Jordan Baker (professional golfer, best of friends with Daisy/Annabeth, sort of in love with Nick/Grover) 

Thalia is Mrytle Wilson (married, in love with Tom/Luke) 

Nico is Meyer Wolfsheim (a shady business owner, friends with Gatsby/Percy) 

Please note that this story talks about cheating and murder, so if that bothers you, you may want to avoid reading this. These elements are integral to the story so I can't really leave them out, but I am leaving other darker themes out of this story (if you know the story you know what I mean) 

Also note that all credit goes to Rick Riordan and F. Scott Fitzgerald. 

Now that this is summed up (without any spoilers to the actual story, we go on!

Enjoy! 

I was always told that before I criticize anyone, I must remember the advantages that I have over others. My father always told me that I was meant to be humble, meant to enjoy each moment of my life, before it fleeted away. 

And if there was one person, I knew who was like this, it was Perseus Jackson. 

Jackson was spontagous, wild at heart, charismatic, he was something people only dreamed to be. He was someone who I never fully understood, until it was too late. My physiatrist said that I should write everything down, in the hopes of getting every bit of the story accurate. But there are even things these pages will never know. 

It was a love affair. Something indescribable. Something that sparked the flames of an indistinguishable fire that spread so far, it was almost unmissable. It was so unseen, but so impactful, that it burns in my memory till this very day. 

And it all started with Annabeth. 

Annabeth Castellan, or once known as Chase, was my cousin, who left Chicago with her husband, Luke during the war. And now I, Grover Underwood, was set in stone to rebuild everything I lost in that war. Everything that I once had control over.