(V)

🎧 Awkward Silence ★ Straykids

Jooyeon sat at the table, as did Seungmin and Hyeongjun. There was a very awkward tension between the three.

Not even the two extroverts could break the atmosphere.

"So" Jooyeon started, he extended the 'o'. He looked around the library, they currently had drama class, to work on their project, they were going to work in the library.

Hyeongjun and Seungmin looked at Jooyeon, waiting for him to start talking. But he didn't know what to say. The youngest was hoping that one of the two would start talking instead of him.

But that wasn't the case.

"What should we do?" Seungmin stared at the laptop screen which was still dark. As Hyeongjun hadn't turned it on yet. He was trying his hardest to not notice Hyeongjun's reflection.

"We still don't have any ideas" Seungmin replied to Jooyeon. Hyeongjun turned on the laptop and opened a new word document as they hadn't done anything. .

"Well, maybe we could do" Jooyeon once again extended the 'o'. He obviously didn't know what to do.

"There's different types of love" Hyeongjun quickly spoke up rather quietly. The two other boys paid attention to what he was saying. As it was rather rare to hear Hyeongjun.

"So we have to chose one"

"Well, I say, it would be awkward if we do romantic love, it should be between you and Seungmin" Jooyeon looked at the two boys across from him. Hyeongjun didn't understand why it would be weird.  But he nodded, he wasn't sure that he wanted to write something homosexual with Seungmin.

His thoughts were interrupted by a loud alarm. "What's that?" Jooyeon asked, Hyeongjun rolled his eyes at the pure ignorance. "Intrusion alert drill, it was posted at the entrance" Seungmin and Jooyeon pushed some tables towards the wall while the librarian locked the doors.

Once the tables were pushed, Hyeongjun turned off the lights. The room was completely dark, so he fell over, but luckily, he landed on someone's chest.

Hyeongjun could feel the person's hand on his arm. To calm himself down, he paid attention to the person's breathing pattern.

The four- those being Jooyeon, Hyeongjun, Seungmin and the librarian sat on the floor, behind the tables in silence. Not being able to see anything.

Hyeongjun was worried about who had their arm wrapped around his waist.

After a couple of minutes, an announcement through the speakers around the room and in the hallway signalled that the drill was over.

A person stood up a turned on the lights. Hyeongjun could finally get a clear look at who was holding his waist.

"Oh shit! I'm really sorry!" Seungmin quickly apologised multiple times. He was really embarrassement, but he was also blushing.

"Don't worry, I fell on you" Hyeongjun stood up and helped Seungmin up.

"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable" Seungmin immediately apologised, as much as he enjoyed being this close to Hyeongjun, it must've been uncomfortable for the younger boy.

"As I said, please, don't worry" Hyeongjun smiled at him and returned to his seat.

That small smile made Seungmin's stomach do backflips, he felt his heart was about to explode.

Jooyeon, who was already sitting down noticed Seungmin's reaction but didn't say anything. He decided that he would be talking about it later as he was curious about such a reaction.

--

The bell for break rang, Seungmin wanted to see Jungsu, to tell him what happened.

But Jooyeon pushed him to the row of lockers gently.

"What's wrong?" Seungmin asked, he was confused by the sudden action.

"Does Mr. Oh Seungmin happen to have a crush on none other than Han Hyeongjun" Jooyeon put his hand on the older boy's shoulder.

Seungmin pushed away the boy's hand, he stared at him for a couple of seconds, trying to understand how Jooyeon knew.

"I have a gay radar, you could call it a gaydar" Jooyeon said, trying to calm the boy because he looked panicked.

"Did Jungsu tell you?" Seungmin asked accusingly. Jooyeon shook his head.

"It's obvious" And with that, Jooyeon left. Seungmin didn't understand how it was obvious, he was pretty sure he was rather secretive. Especially about his crush.

-----

A/n

I wanna try and make this a slowburn, but no promises
Also, go stream, this is fucking insane, I'm freaking out, please go stream and give the boys the love they deserve

-Jude out!

15.04.24