Chapter 29: suspicous

Jim's POV

One more day. There is one more day left until the big video. I'm honestly so nervous, I mean what if she doesn't like me back? What if she hates the video? What if something goes wrong?

We are actually having a sort of practice today for what's to come tomorrow. I just want to make sure that everything goes okay and it doesn't mess up

In the room where we had the meeting about Operation YouTube LV, there is a projection screen that we can use to put the video on so everybody can see it.

Ok so the plan is;

Step 1) Zoe gets Ariel to come down to the projection screen room where everybody should have gathered.
I will be standing on the stage with a microphone. I will prepare a speech tonight
Step 2) Alfie will start the video
Step 3) she will say yes

And that's it! It sounds very secure and hopefully will work.

I hear my phone vibrate in my pocket, signaling a text. I get out my phone and check it.

New Text Message:

Ariel: hey, where are you? i was thinking me and you could do a live show in a few minutes since I'm really bored :) you up for it?

Text Message Sent:

Me: yeah, i'll be up there in a few !

I notify Marcus, telling him where I am going and head over to the elevator. Ariel hasn't left the room much ever since the incident, afraid that she will run into Chad.

I bet you're all wondering why Chad hasn't been arrested yet. I'm actually wondering the same thing. I mean, we talked to a police officer but he didn't really seem to care. He just brushed it off. It's sad how Chad will get to go free while Ariel gets no justice. It's just sad and repulsing. I feel so bad for her. She has went through hell and back but doesn't get recognition for it. I mean, he did physically harm her. That's domestic violence.

The elevator doors finally open, a few people getting out. I step in, me being the only one in there. I press four, the floor which Ariel's room is on. Right before the doors close, a hand shoots out to stop them and Rachel Scott steps into the elevator. She presses three and stands beside me.

"Nice to finally meet you in person, Jim. The night we met at the diner, we didn't really get to talk." She holds out her hand as a gesture for me to shake it but I put my hands in my pockets.

"Well. But anyways, I would like for you to give Ariel a message for me. Tell her that I warned her about Chad. If she had only listened to me..." She trails off. Before I can ask her what she meant, the elevator doors open and she gets out onto the third floor.

"See ya later." She says as she sashays down the hallway.

~•~•~

"Hey guys! We have a special guest here today. Jim has finally decided to join in on the adventures of the live shows we have!" Ariel exclaims, pulling me into view of the laptop and the screen where 9,000 people were watching. It just started two minutes ago and wow that's a lot of people to be watching.

I can just see all the comments saying, "Arim!!! OTP!"

"Hey everyone! I'm Jim," I say, trying not to be awkward. Ariel laughs and starts with her normal live show routine. All I can do is just sit there and watch her because she looks so natural. Like this is what she should be doing. She belongs here, in this room on that computer with me, but there is a difference between fantasy and reality.

"Jim, hey, you okay?" Ariel asks as she waves her hand in front of my face. Oh, I guess I was staring into space again.

"Yeah. Hey, let's play a game!" I suggest and I can see her smile and nod her head yes.

~•~•~
Ariel's POV (the next morning)

Something is going on.

As I am walking down the corridor of the center, I can see everyone staring at me with giddy little smiles. All of them don't speak to me though.

What is going on?

Maybe Chad got arrested.

"Fishy, what are you doing down so early?" Louise comes up behind me, her eyes widening in fear.

"Lou, what's going on? Why do you look so scared that I'm down here?" I ask her, my hand touching her arm. She does know that I don't sleep in everyday, right?

"Oh nothing," she laughs nervously. "Just thought that you were someone else, that's all." She smiles and tries to walk away but I grab her arm.

"Who else do you call fishy?" I deadpan, knowing fair well that she knew it was me all along.

"Uhm, lots of people. Like Zoe and Hazel, and other people..." She trails off, even her lie looking ridiculous to her also. "I'm hungry, let's go get something to eat because I think I'm sleep deprived or something." She grabs my arm and leads me out of the convention center/hotel and we embark on a quest to find the closest McDonald's.

Now I know there is definitely something going on.

------------------------
A/N

hey everyone :) it's been a while and I'm sorry for not updating for like 3 months but I'm back !!!!! and ready to finish this story for you :)