Chapter 30: tainted terror

Jim's POV

"I can't do this." I think, pacing back and forth in my hotel room. Marcus is eating breakfast at our little table and watching me silently.

Today is the day. The actual day where I am going to ask Ariel to be my girlfriend. I'm freaking out to say the least.

"You need to calm down and eat some breakfast. Don't want to confess your feelings on an empty stomach." He laughs and shoves a plate towards me. I sit down and try to eat some eggs, my leg bouncing non-stop.

There are so many things that could go wrong today. Like what if she says no? Or technical difficulties. Even her saying yes, something else that I could never expect. Just then, my phone rings. I jump right out of my chair. Why am I so jumpy?

"Hello?" I answer the phone, not even bothering to look at the Caller ID.

"Hey Jim, it's me. I need to talk to you, okay?" Ariel's voice flows through the phone almost mesmerizing me. I say a quick okay back into the phone and end the call.

Why does she need to talk to me? Did something happen? Is she okay? Did she figure out about the video?

DING. I get a new text message from Louise which reads:

New Text Message:
Lou; hey, fishy doesn't know about the video but she does suspect something is going on. I tried to calm her worries but it didn't really work out. Good luck!! :)

Text Message Sent:
Me; aye aye, thank you Lou :) I really appreciate it !!

I walk down stairs to the convention center where Ariel wants to talk.

~•~•~

"Hey, is everything okay?" I ask when I see her. She is looking at me weirdly, her eyes slowly searching mine, like she is looking for an answer and it could be found in my eyes. Then she slowly speaks.

"Jim, what is going on?" She questions me, her eyes squinting.

Oh no.

"Nothing is going on. Is something wrong?" I ask her nervously, hoping she doesn't catch on. This is one of those things that could go wrong.

"Okay, I don't believe you but I'm willing to drop it for now." Ariel sighs then walks off. Before I turn around to leave, I feel water dripping all down my back. I turn around to see an empty water bottle on the table next to me as Ariel is running away, laughing. She just used her powers to dump water all over me. I can't stand her sometimes.

~•~•~
Ariel's POV

~Flashback~

"Jim, do you think that I could ever love again?" I whisper to him, looking up at the stars in the sky. They are so beautiful and perfect. I wish that I could be up there with them, not down here with my messed up life. I bet the only thing stars have to worry about is if they aren't shining too bright. They don't have to worry about life, jobs, taxes, mental health, love lifes, and other stupid things. But humans don't normally have to worry if they are going to grow a tail every five seconds, also.

"Hey, stop thinking. I can hear it from here," Jim laughs quietly but continues speaking, "But yes, I do think you could love again. It may take some time for you to heal, but eventually you could be able to find someone and won't be afraid." He looks at me, his eyes shining from the moonlight. Sometimes I wonder if he is actually real. This human being who is perfect in every aspect. I'm glad that I have him as a friend, even though I wish we were more.

"Thanks Jim, maybe I actually will. Just maybe."

~End of Flashback~

New Text Message:

Jim: hey, come down to the big room room where we did our first meeting, okay? I have something for you there.

Text Message Sent:

Me: okay? idk what's going on but okay be there in a sec

I turn off my phone and start walking towards the elevators. I waited for a few seconds for one to show up but when the doors open, I wish they hadn't. There stood Chad, with a smug look on his face. He grabs my wrists and pulls me into the elevator with him. Once it starts to move, he pulls the emergency brake and makes the whole thing stop.

"What is wrong with you? Let go of me, you sick freak." I yell, struggling to get my arm free. I start screaming "Help!" but it doesn't seem to be working.

"Face it Ariel, you are trapped in here with me. And I can do whatever the hell I want with you." He smiles, so creepily that it makes me shiver involuntarily. He really is a creep.

I'm absolutely terrified. He can do whatever he wants and Chad can resort to anything, maybe even murder. Chad is a psychotic, manipulativ human being who is dangerous. And he is holding me hostage in an elevator. There must be cameras in here. They have to see what's going on, what he is about to do to me.

"You will wish you were dead after I am through with you." He whispers, his spit dripping all over my ears. I hurry and wipe it off, getting it off before I turn. I gag, the thought and feeling of it making me want to throw up. He starts to laugh as he grabs something out of his pocket.

Duct Tape.

That's when I really start to go crazy. Thrashing, screaming, hitting. You name it, I did it. Kicking, Slapping, Crying. The only emotion I feel is fear. Real, true fear. Not disgust or sadness, just dread.

I don't know what's going to happen to me.

------------------------------------------
A/N

OMG so it's been like two months since I have updated I'm so sorry but I haven't given up on this story. just wait ;)

but yay ilysm I hope you like it!

Please vote & comment.