5 Straightforward thinking

Part 5 Straightforward thinking

After the argument, there were no talks between Garima and Khushi. Garima was mad at Khushi for not accepting Naveen and Khushi was upset with Garima for not understanding her. The dinner time passed silently and they retired to their respective rooms.

The next morning

Khushi got ready for the office. When she came out, she didn't find anything in the dining. She went to the kitchen and checked. Nothing was cooked it seemed. Garima was on strike as she didn't want Khushi to go to the job but she didn't know this silly act of hers would not stop Khushi. Taking her bag, she walked out.

Garima rushed out, hearing her scooter sound. She stood perplexed. She thought Khushi would ask her why she cooked nothing and would try to console her but she left the house asking nothing.

Khushi stopped her scooter in front of a supermarket. She went inside and collected a few things. After paying the bill, she headed to the office.

Khushi kept her bag in her cabin. She picked up the things she bought from the supermarket and came to Arnav's cabin. He was not there. She heard a soft sound from the small pantry that was attached to Arnav's cabin. Khushi saw Arnav checking something there.

"Good morning, sir"

"Gumoning," he said with a lopsided smile.

"Do you need something, sir?"

"I thought to prepare black tea..."

"Oh..."

"Will you prepare me tea?"

"Sure, sir"

"By the way, do you know how to prepare tea?"

Khushi smiled contently.

"I mean, I asked my ex-PA to prepare tea for me. She said ok and prepared... and I could never forget that tea..."

"Why, sir?"

"I could not believe it was tea even after she stuck a label on the cup," he said, controlling his laughter but, Khushi laughed.

"After that, I learned to prepare tea because I never wanted to have that so-called tea of hers..."

"I will try to prepare such a tea that doesn't need a label to ensure," Khushi said, smiling.

"I hope I'm not an EXPERIMENTAL RAT to your tea"

"Not at all, sir... it's my mother," She laughed.

"Is she all right?" Arnav asked, making a serious face.

"Fit and fine... and, tortures me like hell..." she laughed again.

"I hope torturing others is not the feature she got from your tea,"

"Definitely not... because I too had the tea and, I have not started torturing anyone yet,"

"Who knows, you may do it in the mere future, after your marriage..."

"There is a chance to it," She laughed.

"POOR HIM... don't know where he is...!" he walked out of the pantry smilingly.

Khushi felt light-hearted. She forgot her mother and her torture. She shrugged Garima's thought and prepared tea for Arnav.

She brought it to his cabin and gave it to him.

"Thank you" Arnav took it and sipped.

His eyes sparkled. He took another sip.

"Wow... it's awesome..." he sipped again.