31 Who is he?

Part 32 Who is he?

Aman entered Arnav's cabin. Arnav looked at him.

"Yeah, Aman..."

"Why did you lie to Khushi?" Aman came to the point of not beating around the bush.

"When did I lie?" Arnav became alert.

"Didn't you tell her there is no vacancy in our branches? There are three vacancies in different branches, ASR. Why don't you want to send her on transfer?"

"Look, she is distraught. No decision will be good if it is made under pressure"

"From when did you start making decisions about Khushi's life? Who are you to decide what's good for her, ASR? Are you a decision-maker?" Aman asked sarcastically.

Arnav had no answer. Who was he?

"Aman, she has no one to stand for her..." Arnav said typing something.

"You should do that only if she is fine with that. She doesn't like to be with her mother. Why are you troubling her?"

"She will be all right in some days"

"Oh really?"

"She needs some time. She will have to think chilling her mind"

"What if the condition worsens? Will you take her responsibility?"

"If she doesn't feel better, I will send her on transfer... ok?"

Aman glared at him.

"Why are you glaring at me?" Arnav asked with a calm face.

"Neither you won't accept her nor will you let her go... right?"

"I did that for her betterment"

Aman chuckled ironically.

"Betterment? She will be better if she is away from you. That's what she is trying to do"

"She wants to go from her mother"

"It's not true...and you too know that"

Arnav was silent.

"She stayed with her mother when she tortured her like hell. Now, after we solved the problem with the help of the AC, why does she want to go? It's because she understood that she could not forget you being with you. That's why she is running from you"

Arnav gulped down. Didn't he know that?

"You are wrong, ASR... absolutely wrong" Aman walked out.

Arnav closed his face with his palms. He was angry with no one but with himself. Why could not he let her go? Khushi, Aman, kids, Dadi, Nani, no one was happy...! Of course, he was also not happy... because of him...! He knew that.

Evening

Khushi came to Arnav's cabin and knocked on the door.

"Come in," Arnav said.

He smiled at Khushi.

"I want to tell you something, sir"

"Tell me, Khushi"

Khushi was about to say something, but, she stopped as the landline rang. Arnav saw the number and it was from RM.

"One minute" he attended the call, turning on the speaker.

"Hello..."

"Dad, I'm Shali"

"Hi, Shalu when did you come from the school?" Arnav asked smilingly. His eyes were on Khushi whose face brightened hearing Shali's voice and changed immediately.