19 Because I like you

Part 19 Because I like you

"Indar has committed suicide," the peon said, making Arnav and Khushi were shocked.

SUICIDE?

Arnav and Khushi looked at each other perplexed. Both of them knew Indar was not such a guy who would think of committing suicide. He was the guy who enjoyed his life without caring about anyone. What happened to him that led him to commit suicide?

Khushi looked at Arnav for further instruction because the office staff might want to attend the funeral.

"Ask all the staff to take half a day off alternatively," Arnav said.

Khushi nodded ok and left his cabin.

Arnav leaned on the seat and closed his eyes. Indar committed suicide. Undoubtedly it was shocking news but his mind didn't stick in it because Khushi's statement shocked him more than that. Was she serious? She didn't seem to be playful and she would not play in his matter. He knew that. He opened his eyes gulping down. Aarav's recent demand of asking for his mother disturbed him like hell. Adding to it, Khushi...!

He should stop all this nonsense. If Khushi got to know about Aarav's interest, she might become stubborn and vice versa. Khushi was a nice girl. She was stressed due to Naveen's torture. She wanted to get rid of him. That was why she would have told him like that without thinking. Arnav supposed.

Khushi came to the main hall and informed that everyone could take half a day's leave to attend the funeral. The employees split into two groups according to their comfort and decided that one group would go to the funeral in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Half of the staff went to Indar's house to attend the funeral.

Khushi frowned seeing Monish in the office. Was not he the dearest friend to Indar? Why didn't he go to his funeral? He ought to be at his home for the whole funeral...! She saw Thara missing. Her cubical was next to Monish. She knew Thara didn't get to the funeral in the first group. She didn't know where she went. She came searching for her but she was nowhere. She came to the washroom too but Thara was not there too. She was supposed to go to her cabin but stopped hearing a whimper. Khushi thought it was Thara. After all, she loved Indar truly...! But, to her surprise, the person who came out of the washroom was not Thara but Monish. His eyes were red and swollen. He was stuck to see Khushi and left the place composing himself. She felt bad for him. After all, he was Indar's best friend...!

She came to her cabin and saw Thara there with teary eyes.

"Thara... I was searching for you..."

Thara looked down.

"We will go to Indar's house in the afternoon," Khushi said.

Thara nodded no and said,

"I'm not coming..."

"Why Thara?"

She again nodded no.

"Thara, listen... he is dead. Don't think about his previous deeds..."

"No, Khushi... I don't want to see his lifeless body. He might be rogue but..." she choked.

"Relax..."

"I don't know why he took such a decision. He is not that kind, Khushi... I can't believe he committed suicide"

"Mmm... I too can't believe it... who knows what was there in his life? he too should have had some stress in his personal life"

"No Khushi... he was so happy yesterday too."

"Means?" she frowned.

"He and Monish were so delighted yesterday. I heard him asking Monish for a treat..."