15 Concern

Part 15 Concern

Arnav felt bad for Khushi. He didn't know what to say but Khushi decided what to do.

"Sir, could you do me a favor?" her voice choked.

"Anything, Khushi. Tell me what do you want me to do?"

"Could you transfer me to some other city's branch of our company?"

Arnav was stuck. He knew why she wanted to get a transfer. In fact, it was a good idea but he didn't think it was the right solution.

"I don't want to be in Delhi, sir. I will lose my confidence completely if I will be here..." She said and she knew Arnav would arrange for it but,

"No, Khushi... you should not leave Delhi. You should be here as an answer to your problem. Why should you run when you are not at mistake?"

"But, sir..."

"You don't realize the negative side of the problem. In Delhi, some people could help you. You have earned some friends here. What will you do in the strange city? What will you do if Naveen and your mother follow you there? How will you handle them alone?"

Khushi was stuck. Yes, why didn't she think of the possibility? Garima and Naveen were capable of doing that. What would she do if it happened?

"Don't make any decision when you are stressed. Take two days and think, calming your mind. Then decide... ok?"

Khushi gulped down hard.

"Sleep well... sleeping is a good medicine for any problem. It will refresh your mind. So, without giving a place to Naveen in your mind, sleep. Just throw him away. Don't let that idiot occupy a space in your mind"

"Ok, sir"

"Good, go and eat something first. It's not good to be on an empty stomach and you can't sleep when you starve"

Khushi was stunned. How did he know she didn't eat anything?

"Sir, how do you know I don't eat anything?"

"When the situation is worse, you would not have the mood to eat anything... it's not a big deal to understand that"

"So sweet of you, sir"

"Go and eat something first. Good night"

"Good night, sir"

Arnav disconnected the call.

Khushi felt content. It was so soothing to have someone to ask, ARE YOU ALL RIGHT?

Arnav was right. She could not sleep if her stomach was empty. Even though she was not in the mood to eat anything, she didn't want to ignore Arnav's words. So, she decided to eat something. At the same time, she was not ready to go out. Garima would be there. She didn't like to interact with her mother... definitely not at the moment. She felt better after talking to Arnav. She didn't want to lose her temper again. So, she waited for all the lights to be switched off.

After 10:30, Garima went to her room after switching the lights off. Khushi came out of the room and headed to the dining table. Taking two bananas from the table, she again got back to her room and ate the bananas.

Khushi lay on the bed, thinking about Arnav's words. How caring he was! He had no necessity to console her. Yet, he did it with concern. He was right. If she went to some other city, she would be left alone there. No one would be there for her help... especially, Arnav. She sighed and closed her eyes. She opened them jerking, hearing a message beep on her mobile. It was from Arnav. Taking it hurriedly, she read it.