20 Shocking Shock

Part 20 Shocking Shock

The second batch of AR went to Indar's funeral. Arnav, Aman and Khushi were parts of it. Arnav ordered Monish to attend the funeral. Without having a choice, he joined them. Indar's sister was surprised to see him. There was a satisfaction in her face. She smiled in between her tears. She thought Monish came to the funeral for her.

Monish faced a hard time not to cry.

"Look at her face, she thinks you are here for her..." Arnav said and Monish bowed down.

"How are you going to manage her? What will you tell her when she gets to know you are working in the same office in which Indar worked?"

Monish nodded his head from left to right as his mind was not in the state of thinking anything.

"Tell her you recently joined the office and didn't get a chance to interact with Indar," Arnav said and Monish nodded ok.

Indar wrote a letter before committing suicide that no one was the reason for his decision but ONLY HIM. He apologized to his parents for being unable to make them proud of himself.

"My son is one in a crore...! No one could get such a lovable son in their lives. He always took responsibility for our family. He respected us like anything. Don't know what made my son take such a decision..." His mother cried.

Khushi looked at Arnav who averted his gaze. He knew the meaning of her look.

"Indar had created a good image in his family and had a worse side outside the house without their knowledge. Not only Indar, but many people live like that only. Men or women, everyone is the same... no difference" Khushi said only Arnav to hear.

He looked at him sharply.

"But... we are not like that...!" she added.

After a while, Arnav left the place with Aman. Khushi went to GH thinking about her daring approach. She could not believe she openly told Arnav that she wanted to marry him. She felt good about the decision to marry Arnav. She could never get a better choice than Arnav, she supposed.

On the other side,

Arnav was driving the car with a cloudy mind. His mind was full of Khushi's thoughts. There was no idea in his mind about marrying her. Yet, he could not avoid thinking about her. He didn't know how to avoid her. He could easily do that but he could not hurt her because she was a nice girl. Without hurting her, he didn't think he could avoid her.

The next day

Arnav was having breakfast silently looking at Aarav who was drawing lines on his plate.

"Aarav, you are getting late to school. Make it fast"

Aarav looked at him and then again looked at his plate, said nothing.

"Aarav..."

Aarav started eating fast and left the place, making Arnav perplexed. He closed his eyes helplessly. He went to Aarav's room. He saw Aarav crying, lying on the bed. Arnav came to him and caressed his hair, sitting next to him. In no time, Aarav laid on his lap and cried.

"Aarav, don't cry..."

Aarav sat on the bed, wiping his cheeks.

"Dad, please, marry Khushi didi. She is a sweet woman"

Arnav sighed.

"Aarav, listen to me. Khushi is so smaller than me. I'm nearing my forties but she is just twenty-four. People will laugh at Khushi and insult her. Khushi's mother will not agree to our marriage. She is a nice girl. She should be happy in her life. We should not be selfish, Aarav. We should not spoil her life for our happiness. You are a good boy... understanding too...! You should understand her stand. We should not think of her like that and more than that, no woman would love someone's children. if Khushi started hating you after the wedding, we could not do anything. Don't you trust me?"