6 Intention

Part 6 Intention

"By the way, what made you call me a feminist, sir?" Khushi asked.

"Didn't you feed braveness to Thara? That's why" He smiled.

"As a friend, it's my duty sir"

"Mmm... being a small girl, you are so mature"

"Sir, who said, I'm a small girl? I'm twenty-four"

"Yeah... but you are small to me"

"Do you think, maturity is about AGE?"

"No...?"

She nodded no.

"It's about experience..."

"What did you experience at this age that you are so mature?" he asked mockingly.

Khushi became silent. She rotated the pen in her hand. Arnav sensed something was wrong through her gesture.

"I hope I don't ask you anything wrong..."

Khushi nodded no.

"You called me for the dictation sir"

Arnav nodded yes.

"Take your seat"

Khushi sat in front of him, taking her notepad.

Arnav was dictating notes to Khushi. That was when he received a call from Dhadi. He attended it.

"Hello, Dhadi..."

"Arnav..."

"Haan, Dhadi..."

"Kids are upset"

"Why, dhadi? Did you say anything?" he sat straight.

"Laxmi fell and has an ankle sprain"

Arnav rolled his eyes. Laxmi was the caretaker of Shali and Shamli. She was their distant relation... a widow with no one... somehow, sister to Arnav. After Anjali and Shyam's demise, when Arnav searched for a caretaker, Subadhra brought her from Lucknow. After that, she started taking care of the kids, staying in RM.

After the Europe trip, Arnav planned to take the kids to the amusement park. Laxmi was supposed to accompany them as Arnav needed a woman to take care of Shali and Shamli. So, he always took Laxmi with them in case of an outing. Now, Laxmi was unable to come with them to the amusement park. He had no choice but to cancel the plan. He sighed. He didn't know how he was going to console the kids.

At the same time, the landline bell rang. He saw the RM number in the caller ID.

"Dhadi, Aarav is calling..."

"Is it? Turn the speaker on" She said.

Arnav turned the speaker on and kept his mobile aside. So that Dhadi would also listen to their conversation.

"Daaaaddd..." Aarav shouted.

Arnav rolled his eyes.

"Yeah Aarav... is everything all right?" he asked as if he didn't know Laxmi's injury.

"Dad, promise me you will take us to the amusement park tomorrow at any cause"

"Aarav, listen to me... Laxmi Didi is not well. She is injured. She could not walk. Without her, how could we take care of Shali and Shamli?"

"I will take care of my sisters," Aarav said like a big guy.

"Aarav, don't talk like a big guy, ok?"

"Won't you take us to the amusement park tomorrow?"