18 Suffocating Arnav

Part 18 Suffocating Arnav

"Tell me, Dad, what would Mom look like?" Aarav asked.

"She looked beautiful"

"Why don't you show us her photo?"

"I don't have her photo" Arnav lied.

"How did she die?"

"Accident"

"Everyone in my class has mom..." He said making Arnav gulp.

"Can't we get a mom?"

"Aarav, your mom is no more. You should understand that"

"Can't you marry someone just like my friend's dad did?"

"Aarav, you should not talk like that. I can't marry someone like your friend's father did"

"Why Dad? We will get a mom if you marry someone"

"No Aarav... No one would like to be your mother but only my wife. You don't know about women. They are selfish. No woman will be sweet. She will torture you"

"No Dad... Khushi Didi is not selfish. She won't torture us but love us"

Arnav was stuck. Dadi who was listening to them raised her brows. Arnav composed himself and said.

"Not everyone will be like Khushi..."

"Can't you marry Khushi Didi? She loves us. She is a nice girl"

"Aarav, she is my PA and small girl too..."

"Dad, she is a big girl Dad..."

"You can't understand it, Aarav... I don't want to marry anyone. I don't want to talk about it. That's final"

"Why Dad?"

"Aarav, I warn you, Khushi will hate you if she gets to know you have such an idea in your mind. No girl would like to marry a man who is a father of three kids. She will get angry with you if you talk about it. Then, never accompany you nor will come to our house"

Aarav's face hung. He could not even think of being hated by Khushi. Could not they get Khushi as their mom? Would she hate them if he asked her to marry their father? He walked to his room spilling tears.

Arnav looked at Dadi who was looking at him questioningly.

"You don't want to get married for kids. You may not need a wife to buyt kids need a mother"

"Dadi, it's obvious if he feels to have a mother when he sees a complete family. There were many families in the restaurant. That's what made him talk like this"

"You are taking them outings often. Didn't he see families there? Why did he feel to have a mother all of a sudden?"

Arnav was silent. He too didn't know what made Aarav talk like this but Dadi guessed it. Somewhat Khushi must be the reason. Her kindness and loving nature should have made Aarav think about having her as their mother. Though Dadi understood that she didn't tell Arnav about it. She knew Arnav would start keeping his distance from her. The children were happy with Khushi. They liked her company. She didn't want it to get cut off.

"Aarav asked about his mother today... children are growing. Hiding the truth about their parents is not good because one day they will get to know the truth..."

Cutting her,

"How would they get to know the truth?"

"It's because it's truth..."

Arnav was dumbfounded.

"It will be a good idea if you tell them the truth. If they get to know that through someone, that someone would tell that in their WAY. We can't expect it to be a good way. That's why I'm saying tell them the truth that you are not their biological father"