26 Pressure

Part 26 Pressure

Shrinking her eyes sharply, Khushi looked at Garima who was running out of the office. Without delaying, Arnav rushed to the cupboard and removed the First-aid box. He brought it to Khushi. He made her sit on the chair, clutching her hand. Taking the antiseptic lotion, he wiped the blood and Band-Aided the wound. Khushi saw his hands slightly shivering while doing that. She smiled.

Arnav raised his eyelash to her face, swallowing hard.

"What have you done...?"

"If I had not done this, my mother would have insulted you..."

Arnav closed his eyes.

"Why are you doing this, Khushi? What's wrong if your mother is angry with me? Anyone in her place would be angry..."

"She has no right to get angry with you. It's me who wants to marry you. I'm her daughter, she has all the right to even hit me but I can't let her insult you. You dont even love me. then how could she accuse you? She should have dealt with me, instead of you."

"For that, does ANYONE cut her nerve or what?"

"I don't know about ANYONE but I will do anything to save your respect... I will even kill myself..."

"Shut up, Khushi... just shut up... why the hell are you talking about killing yourself?"

"What else do you want me to do, Arnavji?"

"Khushi you are a small girl... expecting you to marry a young man is your mother's justified wish...! She wants you to live your life with your husband long... it will not happen if you marry me... I will die so earlier than you..."

"Will you assure a youngster won't die soon?"

Arnav gulped down.

"What about Indar? He is just twenty-eight... we attended his funeral...! It's an undeniable fact that young death is on the rise... some die in road accidents and some in disease. Last month a little girl died of cancer you know... what about that?"

Arnav had no answer. Who could say when death would happen to whom?

"Nothing is constant here but only this minute... we should live it happily, in the way we like it"

Arnav averted his gaze.

"I love you, Arnavji..."

Arnav closed his eyes.

"I don't want to force you to accept me until I'm forced to marry anyone..."

She left his cabin, leaving Arnav all agitated.

Khushi stopped seeing Aman standing outside. He should have listened to them. His LOOK told her that. His eyes were on her Band-Aided hand. She left the place and Aman entered Arnav's cabin. He saw him, sitting on his seat, closing his face with his palm. He looked at Aman and sat straight.

"So?" Aman asked.

"What?"

"Khushi is in love with you"

Arnav looked at the monitor not answering.

"I never expected, Khushi would be so foxy"

Arnav looked at him frowning.

"What do you mean?"

"Then what? I thought she was a nice girl but I didn't expect she would try to trap you... how brilliantly she is playing using her mother...! This is all must be their plan... don't fall for into their sly, ASR"

"Shut up, Aman... just shut up... don't you dare talk about Khushi. What do you know about her? Do you what she is going through? She didn't try to trap me ever...! Even after knowing that my kids liked her, she didn't think of taking advantage of them. Don't insult her, Aman. If anyone had been in her place, she would have come to RM using the kids but she didn't."