Truth

Fires surround your body, a raging inferno engulfs everything. A cyclone of carnage, your in the center. You want it to end, you want to wake up, and you do. Raising out of the bed you gasp for air, you notice that you're back at your room in the Phantomhive Manor. "I'm back..." Someone enters the room, it's Sebastian, "My goodness you're awake (Y/N). When master and I returned to find everyone but yourself here, my master ordered me to reclaim you. However the location was not that far from where we departed."

He brought a coffee set with him, "Coffee as you like it I presume." Your body relaxes, a sense of calm also flows as you ask, "You brought me back?" Sebastian turns to you after pouring a cup, "Of course. My lord also informed me of the assailant that was in pursuit of you."

Passing you the cup you swallow a small amount before correcting him, "She's dead." The butler shows off a small yet subtle smile, "You've proven yourself a worthy servant once again." You had to ask, "Did you find the children..?" A bit surprised at your knowledge Sebastian does answer, "Yes." You ask again, "You started the fire?" Again he says, "Yes." Setting the cup on a nightstand you exhale a sigh, "Then after what all those kids went through... I guess it was mercy." Sebastian asks you, "Mercy?"

Turning to look at him in his demonic eyes, "Not many kids would even want to live after something like that. And yet one of them is your master, it took guts to let them rest. However at the end of the day, we're only human." Sebastian bows, "Indeed. I should return to my duties." You finish your sentence, "Except you." His back is facing you as he halts, looking over his shoulder, "Quite right (Y/N)." When the door closes you get dressed rather slowly, 'You there?' ... 'Come on.' ... 'This hasn't stopped you before, why now?'

Assembling your clothes you exit your room with Sebastian waiting outside, "My lord wishes to speak with you." "Alright." With that answer, you follow him up to Ciels study. Entering you see the young earl at his desk, "Take a seat (Y/N)." Walking over he also says, "Sebastian give us the room." He bows, "As you wish my master." Exiting the room, leaving you and Ciel. Sitting down you just glare at each other before speaking up, "I took care of that assassin."

As if not listening to you he asks, "How did you find out about what Sebastian really is?" Your mind races again, 'Could use some input here.' ... 'Please?' No answer so you inhale slowly, "Well I had some suspicions when I helped him clean, even when I fought him that one time. But..."

You pause your sentence before having Cirl glare intensely at you, elbows on the desk, fingers interlocked and resting near his face. "I had uh, some help from something or someone." "Who?" His voice sounds eager, "I don't know, honestly I thought it was me going insane. But they showed me what happened at Barrens estate." Ciels eye widens as you continue with the truth, "I also got this dream when you made your deal with Sebastian, at the uh... alter."

His gaze is intense you can't tell if he's angry or surprised. "I should've told you earlier, but I couldn't. You probably would've ran me out of here, however I'll save you the trouble." Before you stand up Ciels hand raises stopping you, "Uh, Ciel..?" He answers, "(Y/N) you're an asset of the Phantomhive name. You've risked yourself for that name, for that I thank you."

Confused you ask, "Aren't you furious? I know it's rude of me to know everything about you." He makes a counter argument, "No, cause I know everything about you now." A silence fills the air until you speak, "Well I don't... I don't hate what you had to do at that place." Ciel is even more surprised, "I thought children were precious as you said."

You agree with a nod, "Yeah... but I think they died a long time ago." Content with himself Ciel has a proposal, "Up for a game of chess?" 'Theirs been enough talk on the doom and gloom. Plus this is one of the rare times Ciel wanting to have fun, well a small amount of fun.' You nod, "Sure."