Chapter Seventeen ~Hospital~ *4 days

I’d always hated hospitals. When I was ten I broke my arm after falling out of a tree I was climbing, I was in hospital for a week with no one to visit me other than Edward and Jonathan, they came everyday but during the night I there I had the worst time sleeping with all the crying and screaming and when the nurses came to check in you, opening the door and letting the lights from the hall shine in your eyes.   

This time was slightly different. Gordon asked me to stay with the Joker while he was in Gotham general to make sure no one tried to kill him and he couldn’t try to escape and kill everyone else. There where men from Gordon’s squad guarding the hospital room all hours of the day, but I was still there just to make sure.

I sat cross-legged in a chair next to the window so I could get a good view of the front door of the hospital and the door leading into this room. Joker was sleeping from the morphine he’d been given to make the pain from his ribs more bearable, but that hadn’t stopped him whimpering during the night.

I smiled.

Wonder if always he does that when he sleeps.

“Hello Sarah.” Gordon greeted as he walked into the room.

“Ello Commissioner.” I smiled as I still to greet him.

 He looked at me funny but didn’t comment on my pronunciation on the word “hello”.

“How is he?”

I looked back at the Joker.  

“He’s fine.”

Gordon sighed and rubbed his brow.

“We’ve had no luck with finding Quinn’s hiding place.” He sighed, “And we’re running out of time.”

I looked at my phone, that had been returned the night before, sitting on the window sill.

“With your permission I could, um, have some of ‘my’ people out looking.”

“Your people?”

“Umm,” I shifted my weight from foot to foot. “I could get some of Jonathans friends out looking; they know the streets if anyone’s going to find Quinn they will.”

I could see the uneasiness in his eyes as he thought about my offer.  

“If they find anything you are to report to me imminently and they’ll need to wear something so that my men can identify them.”

“Ok I’ll ask them all to wear a back raven.”

Gordon still looked uneasy.

“These aren’t bad people.” I reassured.

He nodded and walked out of the room.

“Make sure Joker doesn’t try to get away but I want him alive.”

“Yes Commissioner.”

Gordon left closing the door behind him.

I picked up my phone and called Edward.

“Hello?”

I smiled.

“Have you kept my house clean?”

“Sarah! Where are you? Are you ok? What happened?”

I laughed.

“I’m fine. I was picked up by the police and taken to the GCPD. I’m currently looking after the Joker in Gotham general.” I explained quickly. “Now I need you to do something for me.”

“What?”

He sounded confused and wasn’t happy with my answer but excepted it.

“Are your men still searching the streets?”

“Yeah.”

“Well I need you to make then wear a raven on their shirt or something.”

“Why?”

“The Commissioner won’t arrest them if they’re wearing the raven.”

I could pretty much hear the shock.

“How did you manage that?”

“Long story now will you please make sure they wear it?”

“Sure.”

“Good. I’ll see you soon ok?”

Edward sighed.

“Ok please stay safe.”

“I will. Keep my house clean.” I smiled.

I heard him laugh then we both hung up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly I'm going away from a week or so and I will not be able to update but I will write more wheneven I can. I'm sorry for the lack of updating again but I had SAC's to do for school which as far as I know I passed them all :) I will update again as soon as I can.

C'ya