Chapter Ten ~Cross Me Once ... ~ *10 days*

So far I had quit my job; my boss was becoming too much for me to put up with. Edward was still staying at my house and his men were still looking for my brother and the Joker. And more recently I had been apprehended by the police. God this whole mess was messing me up.

I was sitting in the interview room of the GCPD waiting for a chance to bust out, they had taken my mask from me but that didn’t bother me all that much, though I was getting bored.

“Is someone going to come in and question me or can I go?” I smiled at the glass were they would be watching from.

The door opened and the one who could only be Communiser Gordon entered the white room and took up the seat across the table from me.

“Good evening.” I smiled.

“Good evening Raven.” He smiled at me, “I’m afraid I have some questions for you about the Joker.”

I nodded.

“Well as you know Harley Quinn had kidnapped several men, women and children.” He paused, “including I believe you’re brother, Jonathan Crane. So if you have any information about where he might be …”

I smiled down at the table.

“Communiser, if I knew where the Joker was my brother wouldn’t be in this mess and those people would be safe with their families.”

He nodded and left.

They let me go after they were sure that I was telling the truth and since I didn’t have my bike with me I started to walk home. The sky was growing darker and darker and I was no were near my house, I know I should have called Edward to pick me up but I needed the walk.

There was no one on the streets which surprised me; there weren’t even any criminals out tonight. The sound of whooping and screaming came from behind me and approached me fast, my gut told me to hide and so I ducked behind a bin in a nearby alley. Harley and her gang were driving down the road in a painted red jeep, they were all as drunk as skunks, two burly guys behind her threw molotov cocktail’s in my direction though I don’t think they saw me. As soon as they drove I became worried, they had come from the direction of my house, I pulled out my phone and called my house.

No answer.

I started sprinting toward my house.

I called Edwards phone.

No answer.

The door of my house was broken down and everything had been tossed around and broken.

“Edward!”

There was no response.

I began to panic.

“Edward!”

A noise came from the bathroom and I kicked the door open.

The bath was filled and the water was red with blood, Edward was just under the surface, barley conscious. I pulled him out of the bath and wrapped a towel around him, holding him close to me.

“Sarah.” He was shivering and had cuts all over his chest.

“I’m so so sorry Edward.” I placed my forehead so it was touching his.

He relaxed in my arms and he passed out.

I moved him to the bed and unbuttoned his shirt to cover up the cuts. My hands faltered all the cut were visible, Harley had carved a message to me into his chest.

I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO TO THE POLICE.

SEE YOU IN 10 DAYS OR BOOM

H

I was consumed with rage.

“I swear Harley if I ever find you I’ll kill you myself.”

No one does this to the people I love and gets away with their life.’