Chapter Thirty One ~The End?~ -Final Chapter-

Everything was silent at I approached the shack there were two cars already out the front. Quietly I cut the engin of my bike and walked to the front window; it was dark, I could only see the faint outlines of assorted chairs and tables in the from room. I knocked the door and it swung open wth a screech. I listened for any sound from the inside, I heard none and moved in.

It was darker inside as I moved around the room, I bumped into a chair and heard it knock against more wood. A small faint light came from the other side of the room through a crack in the wall and I quietly crawled towards it. Peering through the crack all I could see was fire, and Joker. I burst through the weak wall and looked around the room, no one was there that I could see.

"Joker!" I ran to where he lay next to the fire in the centre of the room. He groaned as I pulled him up and tried to get him to stand.

I didn't even hear her but I felt hot metal connecting with the back of my shoulder and I was knocked forward. My head was ringing and my back and shoulders throbbed with pain as Harley walked towards me gripping a poker for the fire. All I could hear was her high pitched laughing and the sound of the flames.

"Now I've got the whole bunch together." She kicked Joker again and again. I got to my knees and rolled in front of the third kick and then was hit again with the poker.

"Stupid girl!" Her boots were steel capped as they fractured and broke the ribs in my side. Her hand gripped my hair and I was dragged to my knees. Everything was spinning but I still felt the cold point of a blade at my throat as it began to dig into my neck cutting through the skin.

I closed my eyes.

A bang caused Harley and me to finch, the knife was dropped and I opened my eyes. A gun been thrown into the fire caused the gun powder to ignit and small fires had started around the room, growing with help from the dry furniture. I was pulled from Harley's grip and fell to the ground as Joker was slicing at her with the knife. Blood poured from both of them as Joker knocked her to the ground and began painfully dragging the knife down her chest until she screamed.

"How could you?!" Harley's voce was ragged and painful, "How could you leave me there after all I've done for you?"

He pulled the knife away and stood over her, looking at her with dead eyes.

"You never meant anything to me, you were mearly a convinent toy fot me to play with when I got bored."

I cringed as she curled up in pain and began sobbing as blood flowed onto the ground.

Joker turned away from her and took me by the arm, lifting me off the ground so my feet barely touched the ground.

Behind us Harley's sobs turned to histarical laughter and she began to slowly pull herself off the floor and to her knees.

"Don't think you can get away from me that easily." She grabbed a gun from the floor and fired it once. Next to me Joker faultered and I started supporting more and more of his weight as we still slowly moved forward.

"Just leave." He pushed me away from him.

"No." I tried to come back to him but he threw a knife hitting me in the knee. I fell to the floor only able to use one leg.

"You might be loyal but you're not stupid. You know you have a better chance of making it out by going."

My knee throbbed, I was struggling to keep myself up. Looking down I crawled out, hobblying on one knee.  The fire had spread to the front of the shack and the flamed crackled around me along with the sizziling of my blood on the wooden floor.

Daylight broke through as I reached the doorand dragged myself out and into the painful snow. Behind me I could hear Harley's laughter decend into screams of agony as Jokers wild laughter errupted from the burning buliding.

A good portion of my blood satined the ground when the police found me and took me to Gotham General. When I woke up My bother was sitting next to me.

Two weeks later reports were allover the news; the fire killed two people ending Joker and Harley's rain of terror at long last.

I sighed and looked at the news paper on the kitchen table of my house. Jonathan had fallen asleep on the couch.

"You ok?" Behind me Edward placed his hand on my shoulder and helped me to me feet.

"Yeah I'm fine." I smiled.

Lying in bed with Edward sleeping on the floor I listened to the world outside; birds, cats, the rustle of leaves, and a faint laughter before I fell asleep.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Well folks this was the last chapter of You Should Smile More. I may write another book for this series but for now I'm done. I'm sorry that it took so god damn long to get the chapters out and thank you so much to everyone who stuck it out and saw it through to the end I hope it was worth it. Again thank you so much for reading it really means so much to me that there are this many people who enjoy reading my stoires I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful day. xxx