Chapter Twenty Two ~Chasing Cars~ *12 hours*

Down at the GCPD every one was in a panic. Jim Gordon was standing in his office looking over a map of Gotham.

I tapped on the glass window in his office door and walked in.

He spun around and looked at me before mumbling and turning back to the map.

“I thought I called you this morning and told you to stay home. This is a police case.”

“I thought I told you I had information that you might find useful.”

I walked to his desk and showed him the address Tim had sent Edward.

“Two of Riddlers men went missing a few nights ago. Before they were killed one of them managed to send the address they were at.”

Jim looked at the phone.

“And what makes you think that they were killed by Quinn.”

“In Quinn’s broadcast last night I saw them, they had been killed by Quinn.”

“Are you sure it was them?”

“Yes.”

Jim sighed.

“With no Joker we can’t contact Quinn. We can’t call her telling her that we have the Joker because she knows what goes on in this department better than I do it seems.”

He led me to the map of the city and pointed to two red pins pinned into the map.

“These two pins are the locations of where Quinn’s hiding, with the hostages.” He rubbed his brow, “You see how far apart they are, the departments spread out thin enough as it is without sending people to investigate another location.”

“Where did the other locations come from?” I studied the map. Both the locations were near places Joker had terrorised during his reign of terror. “Who told you about these places?”

“Families of the some of the hostages received texts from their family member last night.”

There was more shouting outside.

“I have to go sort this out.” Jim left the office and I left the GCPD.

Edward was waiting outside in his car.

“Any news?”

I shook my head as I got in the passenger side.

“Nope but someone’s been sending their families addresses.”

Edward looked at me with raised eyebrows.

“How did they get their hands on phones? You’d think Quinn would have taken them from them when she kidnapped them.”

Edward pulled the car into the busy road and started driving us back to my house.

“That’s why I think that those addresses are red herrings.”

A car horn sounded as a speeding car over took us. Edward glared at them.

“So what are we going to do to get Jonathan back?”

I sighed and leaned back into the seat and looked out the window.

“I’ll have to go to the warehouse tonight if they’re there I’ll get him out of there.”

There was a dead silence for a few minutes before Edward spoke.

“They killed two of my men Sarah. I know you’re a good fighter but so was Tim.” He drew in a sharp breath, “I don’t want you going alone.”

“I’m not going to let anyone else get hurt.” I retorted.

“I’m not let you face Quinn and her crew alone I’m going with you.”

There was no use arguing with Edward, he’d either win or I’d end up hitting him. So I stayed quiet for the rest of the drive.

We pulled up at my house and I got out of the car and went inside. It had just gone noon.

“Are you hungry?”  Edward looked in the fridge.

I was starving.

“No thank you I’m fine.” I sat on the couch with my head in my hands, my hair falling over my face.

Edward pulled what I assumed was food out of my fridge and left it on the bench, the seat compressed and moved me slightly into Edward.

“You should eat something.” Edward turned the TV on and I could hear the news.

“Please turn it off.” I mumbled.

Edward sighed, switched off the TV and got up.

“What’s the time?”

“Half past twelve.” He replied. “It’s too early to go looking for him Sarah she’d have them kept someone else during the day.”

“How could she move all those people without anyone knowing or noticing?”  I sighed and stood.

“Where are you going?”

I turned back to Edward.

“I can’t just sit here and wait for something to happen.”

I heard him sigh.

“Please Edward.”

“Ok.”

The keys clinked as Edward pulled them off the table.

“Come on let’s go.”

For the first time in what felt like ages I smiled, it was just small but it was a start.

“Thank you Edward.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So sorry for the delay I've got mid-year exams next week and I've been busy with studying for that I'll upload the next chapter when I have time to write it.

Thanks for understanding.