Chapter 26

A/N: Votes are in! Thank you to those that voted. I just want to say that I know I have not updated as much as I've wanted to. My family health issues that we have been battling for a few months have gotten worse. I am still going to update the story and have every intention of finishing it. With that being said, updates may be spaced even further apart and shorter chapters until I'm back in a better place mentally and emotionally. Up until this point chapters have also been a good mix of plot and dialog, the next few chapters you will see more dialog tho, which will also shorten the chapters, but i'm going to aim for a larger word count since it will be a faster read tho.

Nat POV

L: "I take it you talked to Alex?" I looked at her in shock.

N: "What do you mean?"

L: "It's a simple question Nat. Did you talk to Alex?" I looked at Clint unsure what to do. Do I trust Laura with a secret like this? Yes. On the other hand, it's not really my secret to tell. "You know Nat, by not answering a question, you're still answering it." There was no way I could see getting out of this situation without her finding out. I looked to Clint again, having a silent conversation.

N: "What do you know, Laura."

L: "I know she's not just a wolf."

N: "Did you tell her?" I asked, looking at Clint.

C: "No"

L: "He didn't need to. What kind of name is Alex for a wolf? Also, I could see it in her eyes when she was protecting the kids. It was the same look any mother would give to someone they thought was a threat to their kids. It wasn't a look of a wolf, or a beast, or anything like that. It was the look of a mother that also cared about their kids. It's hard to explain, but every mother knows that look. Now, can you tell me exactly what is going on?"

N: "You're right, Alex isn't just a wolf. She is a werewolf. She has been through a lot and she's starting to open up to me, but there's still a lot she isn't ready to talk about."

L: "I always thought werewolves were real. Am I able to meet human Alex? I take it you have seen her turn, you're able to get pretty close to her."

N: "I have, so has Clint. Well kind of. Anyway, I did talk to her about telling you. She was going to think about it, but I think the more you two spend with her the more comfortable she will be, and maybe open up to you."

L: "What was that whole thing with the kids? Did she tell you?"

N: "Like I said, she has been through a lot. At a young age she was tortured and beaten for everything and anything. She heard everything that happened and thought you were going to hurt them. So she protected them from you instead."

C: "You really think if we spend more time around her, she will open up though?"

N: "Yeah I do. I'm not saying run out there and spend every second with her, but maybe just being around for a while or something may help."

L: "What about the kids?"

N: "After talking to her and seeing what I saw today, I don't think we have anything to worry about. That is your decision though. They are your kids, but they do tend to take after Clint."

C: "Hey! What's that supposed to mean?"

L: "I'll Explain when you're older, Hawkeye."

C: "Wha-what? What do you mean? Why do you make it sound bad that they take after me?"

N: "Come on Laura. Let's let him think about it for a while."

Laura and I went upstairs to find the kid. Cooper was playing with his Legos, While Lila was coloring. I went over to Lila.