Chapter 19

Alex POV

I woke up to the sound of people arguing. It sounded like the second lady that came in and the two men that were here before. The tall blonde one I didn't trust. Something about him reminded me of the one man at hydra with the metal arm. The other man reminded me of the scientist in the labs. The further they stay away from me the better. I wish mate would come back though. The other lady wasn't so bad, but she wasn't mate. I laid here and listened to them argue, there wasn't anything else I could do. I wasn't going to shift back anytime soon. Especially with everyone else around. After a while I heard the door open again. I perked my head up knowing it was mate by the scent of her smell. The sound of a gunshot put me on edge again, but I didn't dare move. I waited for someone to come. Someone always came to check on me.

A little while later the man that had shot me with the arrow came. He had his bow on his back but took it off and threw it to the side, he then did the same thing with his arrows. "Artemis, I don't get it. If he came to kill us, why would he throw his weapon away?"

"I don't know but keep an eye on him. We can't trust him."

I watched as he entered my cell. I moved as far away as I could and gave him a warning, which he ignored. Just like mate and the other lady, he kept his hands where I could see them the entire time. What surprised me next was that he sat down in the middle of the cell. Mate was the only one to really sit with me. I mean, the one guy did that one time, but the second I noticed it was him, he ran away. This man didn't seem like he would run away that easily though. "It's ok. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm sorry about before, I may have overreacted."

"Alex, did he just apologize?"

"Yeah, yeah, he did. No one has ever apologized to me before." I continued to watch him, not trusting him, but the apology did take me back. I wasn't sure if he was safe or not. When it seemed like he had no intentions of going anywhere, I took a chance and crawled closer to him. When i was just out of his reach I stretched out to smell his hand. Surprisingly, his smell reminded me of my pack. He smelled like family. It relaxed me enough that I allowed him to pet me and continue to talk to me.

"I wonder if Laura would let me keep it."

Natasha's POV

Clint has been in there for a while. We couldn't see him, but we could certainly hear everything. We heard a couple growls, but never heard any screams, which I knew Clint would have done if he was attacked. I decided to slowly make my way to the cell. I didn't want to do anything that would cost Clint a hand, or his life. Laura would not be happy if Clint was killed by this wolf. Maybe this wasn't my best idea, but what's done is done. "I wonder if Laura would let me keep it."

N: "Well I'm glad you're not dead, and that you want to keep it, because I need a favor."

C: "Well that doesn't sound good to me." he replied without looking at me. Instead, he continued petting the wolf.

N: "I think we both know what she really is. For me to confirm it, I need to get her away from the rest of the idiots around here. I was hoping you would let me take her to your place."

C: "You really are crazy, aren't you? You know why I can't or should I say won't do that."

N: "I know why, and understand, but you know I wouldn't allow anything to happen. Clint, I need you to trust me. The very second something happens; you have my word I'll get it out of there."

F: "Agent Hill, will you give the three of us the room please." We waited for Maria to leave before we continued to talk about the subject. "Agent Barton, I believe Agent Romanoff is right on this one. She would be going with you, and I can arrange for extra precautionary measures to be put in place to ensure their safety. We all know that is your main concern."

C: "What do you have in mind? She's a big wolf."

F: "We have a portable indestructible cage on the helicarrier. It was made for the Hulk. We can arrange to have that set up in your barn, away from the others. Romanoff would be staying close by with live ammo, heavy tranquilizers and anything else that we would find necessary. Barton, I wouldn't do this if I didn't think it was safe, and necessary." Clint let out a sigh.

C: "Let me make a quick call." Clint stood up slowly to not disturb the wolf, but upon looking closer at it, it was fast asleep again.

N: "Clint, I think we will be just fine. Do you want me to come with you to talk? It was my idea."

C: "Yeah, I'm not going down alone if this goes south. If I go down, I'm taking at least one of you with me."

The three of us left the room. Fury had asked Hill to stay with the wolf and only allow the three of us access. Anyone else, he didn't care if she had to put a cap in their ass, they were not allowed to go near the wolf without clearance from him first. I went with Clint back to my room so we could call Laura. It would be the safest place as no one would dare to entire my room without being invited in by me.

N: "Do you want me to call her, or do you want to?"

C: "I'll call, but if she starts yelling, I'm throwing you the phone."

N: "Wow Clint, never knew you were so scared of Laura. You're giving us spies and "Earth's Mightiest Heroes a bad rap."

C: "One, happy wife, happy life. Two, all women are scary when they are mad. I'm not getting on her bad side for something like this. If she says no, I'm not pushing it. She has the final answer." Clint dialed Laura's number and held it up to where we both could hear it without it being on speaker, in case someone walked by. I'm not about to put his family in more potential danger than I already am with this. "Hey."

L: "Clint, what's wrong? Is it Nat?"

C: "Why do you think something is wrong?"

L: "I can hear it in your voice. Is Nat, ok?" I couldn't help but laugh. I always knew she loved me more than Clint. She hasn't even asked if he's ok. Clint rolled his eyes at me.

C: "Yes, she is fine. I'm ok too, thanks for asking."

L: "Well what's wrong then? Why did you sound nervous?"

C: "Well remember when we were looking for that wolf?  Well, we found it, but it's huge and it's not safe for it to be here... and well, I was kind of wondering if it would be ok to bring home?"

L: "If it's not safe there what makes you think bring it to a farm would be safer"

N: "Give me the phone before you convince her to not do this." Clint handed her the phone. "Hey Laura."

L: "Nat, what is that idiot husband of mine thinking."

N: "Well, he's not 100 percent wrong, but he's not giving you the details you need. The wolf is huge, yes, but there's more to it. It's not safe here with some of the boys. They are out to kill it. I was hoping we could take it to the farm for its protection and for me and Clint to get to the bottom of everything. I'll be staying with it the whole time. I won't allow it to hurt anyone.

L: "I don't know Nat. How can you be sure it's safe for us?"

N: "Like I said, I'll stay with it the whole time. We have a cage for it that can go in the barn. I'll have live ammo along with tranquilizers. I'll die before I allow it to harm anyone."

L: "Alright, if you think this is best, I trust you Nat. When are you coming?"

N: "We will leave tonight. I'll call and get all the prep rolling so we have nothing to worry about."

L: "Alright. I'll get your room ready and make sure there's dinner ready for you two. I'll talk to you later Nat. Take care of Clint for me please."

N: "I will. Thanks Laura, I owe you one." I hung up and turned back to Clint. "Let's get everything together. I'll call Fury and set everything up, if you can go get meat for her. I don't think she has eaten since being in the cave."