Chapter 8

Natasha's POV

Clint and I were on our way to New Hampshire. He flew the quinjet, while I went over the files again on the wolf.

"So, do you think we will find this wolf?" Clint asked me.

"Well, based on the map of the area, it's a heavily forested area with plenty of mountains. There's a good chance we could find something."

"If we find the wolf, What's the game plan? Do you want to try and catch it or call for backup?"

"If we find a five foot wolf we are calling for backup, but that doesn't mean we don't try to catch it. I think If we find it we are better off keeping an eye on it first then maybe set some traps to catch it."

"Yeah, we will probably need the extra muscle if we do take it down, I don't think you and I can carry a wolf that big. What did the Wolf look like again?"

"Obviously large, all black except for the tips of its ears, which is white. It had bright golden eyes too."

"Never seen a wolf like that before. I've seen one pack not that far from the farm, but all the wolves are gray or have patches of gray and black."

"You have wolves on the farm? Does Laura know?"

"I've told her just so she knows. We don't let the kids go far from the house or the barn on their own just in case. We are almost there."

We landed the jet at Plymouth Airport and took the bikes we kept on the jet to the witness's home. It was an average two story farm house on the outskirts of town. About 200 feet from the edge of the forest, with a view of the mountains. We walked up to the door and knocked. Not long after a middle aged woman came to the door.

"Hello, Mrs. Calloway?"

"Yes, how can I help you?"

"Mrs. Calloway, I'm Agent Rushman, we are here in regards to a wolf sighting you reported a couple days ago."

"Oh, yes. Come in, come in."

We entered the home and were led to the living room.

"Can I get you anything to drink?"

"No thank you, we don't want to take up much of your time." I replied. "I was hoping you could tell us about the wolf you saw. Any details about it could help."

"It was a rather large wolf, much larger than the others I have seen in my time living here. What stood out the most was that it was traveling by itself. Wolves normally don't survive long on their own. Normally if they are on their own they're normally casted out of the pack."

"You said it was a large world? Could you tell us about how big it was?" Clint asked.

"Well i saw it from the back porch, It was walking along the tree line. Come with me and I'll show you where I saw it." The three of us walked to the back of the back door and stood on the porch. Mrs. Calloway pointed towards an area of the tree line. "I saw it over there, its head came up to that bottom branch."

"Did you happen to see what color it was?" I asked.

"Oh it was beautiful. It was all black but you could just make out some white on its ears."

"Do you mind if we take a look around?"

"I don't mind, but what do you want with the wolf?"

Clint looked at me, not sure of how to answer that question. "We have gotten other reports of the similar wolf throughout the North East. One of the reports said it was severely injured. We are hoping to rescue it. With the unique size and markings, it could be an unknown species of wolf too. We are only looking to protect it."