Chapter 1

"On your mark. Get set. GO!"

I took off. No way was I going to take it easy on the rest of the pups in the class. That could be the worst thing I could do as the daughter of the alpha. Trevor was right behind me, but I knew he wouldn't be able to win as the finish line neared. Deciding to have some more fun, I slowed down and let him pass me. Only giving him false hope at winning.  You could see the large smile on his face, thinking he had finally won, but clearly not seeing the smirk on my face. At the last second, I passed him and crossed the line first, turning around and laughing at the shocked look on his face.  

"UGHHH!!!  ALEX!!!" Trevor shouted. All I could do was keep laughing. Even when Trevor tackled me to the ground, I couldn't stop. At least not until a loud bang went off. I looked up at Trevor in shock. Not knowing what to do or what was going on. 

"Alex! Trevor! Get inside. Hurry! Lets go!" My Mom shouted. At that we quickly scrambled inside. "Alex, Trevor, I need you to listen and do exactly what I tell you. Alex you are to take Trevor to your room and hide. Stay away from the windows and don't come out until me or your father come get you. Do you understand?" I couldn't respond. All I could hear was more bangs, a popping sound, and screams. So many different screams. "ALEX! Do you understand me?" She grabbed my shoulders and yelled again. At that, I came too. I took Trevor's hand and ran upstairs to my room. Hiding in the closet, thinking that would be the safest place to go. 

"Hurry, in here."  All we could do was sit and listen. I felt a sharp pain in my chest and knew something happened to one of my parents. That's when I heard the deep, sorrow filled howl of my father. Hearing that I knew my mother it was my mother, realizing I never even said goodbye to her. I broke down, not being able to stop the tears that left my eyes.  Another sharp pain ran through my chest. I could no longer feel my parents link in the pack bond. I tried reaching out, but got nothing in return. At that, I knew that they were gone. I couldn't hide anymore, my fathers voice in the back of my head telling me that alpha's don't cry. We are the strongest, and never back down. I took that memory and decided I wasn't going to hide anymore. "Stay here. I'll be back."

"What! No, you can't go out their alone. I'm going with you."

"Trevor, as alpha I'm ordering you to stay here!"

"You're not my alpha, at least not yet. As your best friend I'm not letting you go alone, so deal with it."

I couldn't help at rolling my eyes at him. I couldn't completely blame him though. I haven't even shifted yet. Not to mention there has never been a 5 year old alpha. We made our way down the stairs, listening for any noise. The bangs have stopped and so has the screaming and pop sounds. As we neared the front window, we could see the outline of men walking around with torches laughing. Watching them walk towards two bodies laying on the ground. As their light from the torches reached the two bodies, I quickly realized that it was my parents. I couldn't help the scream that came out me. Quickly gathering their attention, they made their way towards me. I couldn't stop shaking. That's when everything when black.   

Third Person POV:

Trevor stood frozen, not being able to take his eyes off his friend.  He had just watched her turn into a wolf.  He couldn't believe it, shifting this young was unheard of. He watched as Alex bit, clawed and growled at the men, but they were too much for her. They easily kicked her away. 

"Stop!" Trevor looked over at the shouting. Seeing his father walk up to the two men.  "We could use her."  

"Dad? Dad, what are you doing! They hurt Alex and they hurt her parents! Why are you talking to them?"

"Muzzle her and put her in a crate. Don't let anything happen to her." Trevor's father told the two men. 

"Yes Sir" they both replied with sinister grins on their face, which they made sure to flash to Trevor before walking over to the wolf pup laying on the ground.  

"Dad, who are they? Why are they doing this? Why did they listen to you? Did you do this?" Trevor shot question after question to his father. His father kneeled down to his height, grabbed his shoulders and smirked.

"Trevor, Alex and her parents are not who you think they are. They took everything from us. I'm doing this for you. To make sure nothing happens to you like what happened to your mother."

"What do you mean? What happened to mom?"

"Trevor, Alex's parents killed her." Trevor couldn't feel anything anymore. Torn between who he thought was his best friend, as he watches them get thrown in a crate and loaded into a truck, and the feeling of betrayal at what if father told him. With a hand on his shoulder Trevor's father stood and  walked him to the truck he just saw his "friend" get loaded into. "Come on son. Lets go home."

Alex's POV

Pain, that all I feel is pain. The pain at the lost of my family. The pain in my side from when I fought the two men, and an overall pain, which I'm not sure what it's from yet.  I slowly started to come to. I couldn't help the whine that came from the pains I felt. What happened? I tried to remember, then it hit me. The attack, feeling the bond break, seeing my parents lay lifeless on the ground. Trevor!  I shot up, which turned out to be a horrible idea. A stabbing pain shot through my body. I felt something on my face and went to take it off, but I couldn't.  To my shock my hands were replaced with paws. In confusion I looked around trying to find something that would show my reflection. The only thing I could see was the small corner by the door that seem to reflect the small amount of light coming in from the moon. I forced my body back up, slowly making my way to the door. What I saw shocked me. Instead of seeing my normal self looking back at me  I saw a mini version of my father's wolf.  I was covered in all black fur. The only thing I seamed to get from my mother was the small amount of white on the tips of my ears and her golden eyes. I loved me Mother's eyes and her all white coat, so I was happy to have gotten these traits. However the dark black coat of my Father's wolf screamed power. 

The more I looked at my reflection I couldn't be happier at the traits I got from my parents. That's when I noticed the muzzle and the collar around my next. Now that I was no longer shocked that I was in my wolf form, I tried to take the muzzle off again, but it wouldn't budge. All I manage to do was scratch my face with my claws. I decided to stop trying to get it off and instead try to figure out where I was and how I was going to get back home. I was so lost in thought that I failed to notice the door open, and that I was no longer alone.