CHAPTER 40 - THE FIANCÉ

ANNTONNIA PORSILD

"What kind of family she had? I didn't know that was still possible."

I just heard the conversation between my cousins when on my way to the kitchen.

"Haha! I like her for her but...it's not that easy for her to accept if they learned who she was. Besides maybe Michelle is only after money from our family." said by one of my cousin. No other than Charity..

My anger consumed me and that's the first time of my life I hit one of them.

"I never knew that's how narrow your brain is!. Remember this day! I don't care what others say. What I have to Michelle is nothing to do with your life. You have your own Charity. Just don't act as if you're concerned with my family! Where in the first place is your family who always depends on what we have now! You don't even have anything to contribute but to stay away and travel everywhere. You don't even have a job. That's what we call after the money that you don't even own. Dont pass it on to others!"

"Anntonnia!"

My Dad hurriedly come to me. "Dont say that to your cousins! They are your family."

"Dad, a family never gossips and I dont need their praises either."

"Gosh what are you talking about Anntonnia. We are just talking." sagot ni Jason. Isa sa mga pinsan niya.

"I dont care about you're talking Jason. Just dont..." bigla siyang natigilan at nakita niyang nakatingin sa akin ang aking ama. "Just dont ever talk below the belt about Michelle. You barely know her! That's why I wonder how you judge my g---..my friend."

Napapailing na lang na umupo si Jason. Ganun din si Charity na kanina lang ay napahiya sa kanyang pagsampal lalo na sa kanyang mga sinabi.

Iginiya naman siya ng kanyang ama sa labas. I dont know the occassion but I surprise that they are regularly here at our house.

"What was that? Say sorry to your cousin." tanong agad ng kanyang ama.

"Dad. Even you?" frustrated nitong tanong.

"I just surprised of what you did there. You just heard Michelle being talked about. Then suddenly you hit your cousin. It's not you. You're just exaggerating my dear.hmmm."

"Im not exaggerating Dad! Who told you Im exaggerating now. I just said what it is to them, it's because that is the truth! They have the guts to talked about someone's life that they barely know."

"You're talking as if you know her entire of your life Anntonnia. There is no difference between you and your cousins ​​because you have only known each other for a few months. Do you understand what Im saying?" paliwanag ng kanyang ama.

"Dad, you dont understand. I just...I-ahh I dont know how to explain but Michelle is like more than a friend to me--." nahihirapan itong magpaliwanag.

"Anntonnia, Is there something that you isn't telling us? Tell me now before it's too late." marahang pisil ni Dad sa aking balikat.

"What you're talking about Dad?" naguguluhang tanong ni Ann.

"You see. You're cousins came here all the way from thailand not just to have their vacation. But they are attending an event. An important event of our family. I wouldn't have told you this because your Grandfather knows more about it. But I don't want to put our family in danger."