Chapter 4

🩷Lover🩷
I tried to get to school on time this morning, to prove that it was an accident and that I'm a responsible student, but I failed. Again.

It's partially my fault that Ive been showing up late, but at the same time, not really. I've been up super late for reasons that I can't control, which causes me to oversleep. And then I'm trying to rush around and when I'm ready to leave, another incident happens that keeps me at home for another 15 minutes.

I arrived to school at 8:18 this morning. School started 3 minutes ago. I didn't want a redo of yesterday, but I knew it was inevitable that that was what was going to happen. So I took a deep breath as I opened the door, receiving many glares that were expected.

"I'm-"

"I don't want to hear it Lover. I thought it wasn't going to happen again."

"I'm sorry it's just-"

"I don't want excuses, sit down."

I really wish I didn't cry every time someone was mad at me, but that wasn't the case. So I sat down teary eyed, everyone staring at me once again.

"What is your problem?" Rep whispered in my ear as she smirked. "I thought you were a good student."

"I am" my voice shook and I silently started sobbing. "It isn't my fault."

"How is it not your fault?"

"I have a lot going on at home right now, okay? I'm trying my best, it isn't my fault that my parents fighting keeps me up late at night and keeps me from getting out the door at a decent time in the morning" Rep's facial expression suddenly softened, as if she understood where I was coming from. "Sorry, I didn't mean to overshare." I said quietly as I tried to focus on the board, my vision blurred by my tears.

"Lover, are you done interrupting my class? You show up late twice in a row, and now you're making small talk when I'm trying to teach. One more incident and I'm sending you out."

"I'm sorry."

"No excuses this time?" She remarked sarcastically.

"No, I'm genuinely sorry."

"We'll see how long that lasts" one of my classmates snarked. Soon enough the whole class had started laughing and making jokes about me.

They had no clue what was happening in my life, but they made fun of me. Why are people so mean? I don't understand. I couldn't take it anymore. I knew what I was about to do would only make Mrs. Dorothea hate me even more, which was the last thing I wanted, but at this point, it seemed like the only option. Besides, she already hated me, so I wasn't going to be ruining anything.

Without asking, I ran out of the room. I didn't know where I was going to go, but I couldn't stay in there. Not in a room full of kids laughing at me and my teacher who hates me not doing anything about it. I knew this was going to get me in trouble, but that was a risk I had to take.

I ended up in the janitors closet. It was quiet in there, and I knew nobody would find me because the janitor wasn't even there today. My plan was to just hide out in there until the bell rang, and then I was going to go home and cry all weekend.