Chapter 8

🩷Lover🩷
Me and my mom followed Rep and her parents out, exchanging concerned looks. Once they left, we locked the door behind them and sat on the couch in silence. After a few moments, my mom broke the silence.

"You okay honey?" she asked softly.

I shook my head and she pulled me into her as I started crying, closing my eyes with my face in her shoulder.

"Shhhh it's okay" my mom ran her hand up and down my back.

"No it isn't. She shouldn't be treated like this, she's a good person. She didn't do anything wrong, what if they do something bad and really hurt her, mom?" I said through my cries and shaky breaths.

"I'm not gonna let that happen, I promise. They live right across from us, I'll keep an eye on it. You can talk to her everyday at school to check up on her, and you have her number, right?" I nodded. "Okay, so you can always ask her how things are going. Her mom seems like a horrible person, she absolutely disgusted me. I won't let anything happen to Rep, I promise. I'm sorry sweetheart." She planted a kiss on my head.

"I'm gonna go to my room if that's okay" I said as I lifted my head and wiped the tears away from my cheeks.

"Of course sweetie, we'll be right here if you need us." My mom said as my dad nodded in agreement, standing in the living room and witnessing everything that was happening.

Once I got to my room, I sat on my bed and looked out my window for what seemed like forever, occasionally texting Rep without receiving any response. Most of their windows were covered by curtains, but I could still see the occasional shadow. I also had my window open to see if I could hear what they were saying, but I couldn't hear anything going on. I imagined that wasn't the case though.

🖤Rep🖤
I tried to walk up to my room once we got home, but my mom pulled me back by my hair, then grabbed both of my wrists and twisted them to keep me from moving.

"WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?"

"away from you" I muttered under my breath. I knew how much I would regret that, but I was just so pissed at her (like I always was).

"EXCUSE ME? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" My mom screamed before slapping me in the face repeatedly.

"I don't understand why you're so mad at me. I'm not doing anything."

"EVER SINCE YOU WERE BORN YOU'VE BEEN DOING SOMETHING WRONG. I WANTED TO HAVE A LOVABLE DAUGHTER THAT COULD BE MY PRIDE AND JOY AND INSTEAD I GOT YOU.  I DON'T KNOW WHAT WENT WRONG, BUT IF I COULD GO BACK AND CHANGE THINGS I WOULD'VE NEVER HAD YOU. YOU ARE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE I'VE EVER MADE. MY LIFE WAS ENJOYABLE UNTIL YOUR DEPRESSING ASS ENTERED IT. MY GOD I WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN. I FUCKING HATE YOU REPUTATION. I HATE YOU FOR RUINING EVERYTHING THAT ONCE MADE MY LIFE WORTH LIVING."

I was used to her hate comments, but that one stung a little bit more than usual.

"I-I'm sorry." I swallowed the lump in my throat to avoid crying in front of her.

"YOU SHOULD BE. YOU'RE THE MOST WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT EVER" she dug her sharp nails into the palms of my hands, dragging them up my arms.

"I know I am, I'm sorry. Sorry for being such a screwup, I wish I could've been a better daughter, I wish we could've been close. But here we are. Sorry."